I want to upgrade my 3.0 license and purchase a mac app store version.

Options
milohuang
milohuang
Community Member

I have a ver3 mac license and saw an upgrade price around 24USD on your web store. But I want a mac app store version instead of a downloaded version from your website. How can I achieve that? Many thanks!

1Password Version: 3.6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:upgrade license, kb:upgrade-license, kb:upgrade-mac, kb:add-license, kb:upgrade-license

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@milohuang the Mac App Store does not allow upgrade discounts: it's Apple's policy, not the policy of AgileBits. However, I think you may find the Mac App Store has a sale price currently for 1Password and while the price may not be as low as the upgrade price from the AgileBits store it's still a very good deal.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @milohuang,

Stephen is correct - unfortunately, Apple does not provide the ability to do upgrade pricing on the Mac App Store, so you would need to buy 1Password 5 for Mac at the full price shown there. But the current sale price is not much more than the upgrade price from our website, so it's a good time to purchase it from the Mac App Store if you'd prefer to have that version.

If you have more questions about that or need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

• milohuang
    milohuang
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you folks, will get the App Store ver.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @milohuang,

Trying to stay positive, we still have a sale on at the moment so at least you can pick up the Mac App Store version of 1Password at a slightly cheaper price :smile: I don't know when the sale will end though so possibly best to make it sooner rather than later if your circumstances allow for it.

--Edit--
    I should have read Drew's post with less haste.

This discussion has been closed.