Can I set up the vault so the Guest can see passwords, but the admin can't?

Options
El_Ron
El_Ron
Community Member

I'd like to set up a Guest Vault wherein:

1. The Guest can add logins.
  2. The Guest can see passwords.
  3. The Admin can add logins.
  4. The Admin can NOT see the passwords.
  5. Both the Guest and the Admin can click the login links to go to and be automatically authenticated into the login sites.

My company is setting up and branding Social Media Sites for our clients. Here's what we would like to do:

Some clients already have some Social Media Sites. They can enter the login details to the sites they already have into the Guest Vault; then, we can click the login links to get into those sites and do the branding. We don't want to see the client's passwords. (In fact, we don't even want the ability to see the client's passwords.)

For the Social Media Sites the client does not yet have, we will create and brand those... AND we will enter the login Site, ID and Password into the Guest Vault (with a note that the client must change their password and notify us of that change (and if we could get a return note or indicator inside 1Password for Teams, itself, when the client has changed the password, that would be awesome)). After we have entered a login Site, ID and Password, and saved the login, we should no longer be able to see the password.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Ron

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can a guest add logins

Comments

• Hi Ron,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and detail your use case.

At the moment it is not possible for an Admin to be able to add items to a vault without also being able to see all the items within that vault. We plan to allow sharing of individual items with specific users in the future, which would allow you to send an item to a person without needing to use a separate vault for sharing. I believe that would suit your usage scenario quite well.

In the meantime, it sounds like you can continue to use the guest vault exactly as you have been, but when the client "takes ownership" of the item back, they would need to change the password and store the new password in their own vault (likely as part of their own team, or perhaps as a personal 1Password vault). In other words, you would use your guest vault for sharing the initial login details with one another, and then once your work is done, the login would be removed from the Vault and the password changed.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.