sync from 1Password 3

I downloaded the very first version of 1Password in my iPad (3.6.5) a long time ago, and have been using it for many years. I had never downloaded 1Password for Mac until today. Today I downloaded the new 1Password 5 for Mac and tried to sync my old vault in 1Password 3. I could not, when going to Wifi sync on my iPad, I do not have the option of Start Syncing, instead it gives me an Authorization code to enter it on 1Password for Mac. It seems as if in the old version the server was the other way around. Please help!

1Password Version: 5.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: Wifi Sync
Referrer: ug:mac/sync, ug:mac/sync-wi-fi, ug:mac/sync, kb:dropbox-troubleshooting, kb:legacy-wifi-sync

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@diego_carreto: Sorry for the confusion! 1Password touch/Pro version 3 was discontinued and removed fro the App Store some years ago, so it hasn't been and won't be receiving any updates. It is not compatible with the improved Wi-Fi Sync protocol added in 1Password 4 (in 2013, I believe), though you can use 1Password 3 on your Mac to sync the data to get it there initially.

However, 1Password 6 is available for iOS 9. It's a free download with an in-app purchase for the Pro Features. And you can follow this guide to migrate your data from the old app:

1Password 3 migration (iOS)

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.