Unable to Empty Trash

Options

Hi,

I'm unable to empty the "Your Vault" trash. I get prompted "Are you sure you want to permanently remove all items in the Trash?". I click "Empty Trash" and nothing happens.

1Password Version: 5.5 BETA-27
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• Hey @David Gitman! Where are you trying to empty your Trash? Is it in the web app or the Mac app? I'm assuming it's the Mac app because the web app does not ask you to confirm emptying the Trash. If it's in the Mac app, are you viewing that vault specifically, or are you in All Vaults view? It'd also be helpful to know what permissions you have. I just tried things on my Your Vault and Everyone vault and the process worked as expected. If you could provide a bit more info on your setup that would help. :)

• David Gitman
    David Gitman
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, here's a screencast of the issue. https://youtu.be/yPFrXjqhrKU

• David Gitman
    David Gitman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @penderworth, have you had a chance to look at the issue?

• Hi @David Gitman ,

First, try to empty the trash one more time. Then, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Regards,
    Kevin

• David Gitman
    David Gitman
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID is [#ZZK-41349-518]

• @David Gitman Thanks for sending that over. We've received it and we'll be getting back to you as soon as possible. :)

ref: #ZZK-41349-518

• deanmalmgren
    deanmalmgren
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having this issue. Any update?

• @deanmalmgren We're still looking into things. Could you give us a timestamp of when you tried emptying the Trash so we can look into the logs around then? Please provide a timezone as well.

• deanmalmgren
    deanmalmgren
    Community Member
    Options

I'm Chicago time and I tried emptying the trash a couple of times right around the time I posted the message (9:19AM). I also just retried now in the 'All Items' as well as from the two other vaults in which I have trash and its still not clearing.

I'm on the Mac App (should have mentioned that before). If you need any further debugging info from me, I'm happy to provide it.

• @deanmalmgren Thanks for the additional info. Could you try emptying the Trash once more and then create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac immediately after? It'll give us a better idea of what's going on and hopefully we can track things down.

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support@1password.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once you send the email, post back here with the BitBot confirmation number you receive a few minutes after sending. That will help us connect the dots. :)

• deanmalmgren
    deanmalmgren
    Community Member
    Options

I just sent along my diagnostics report and my support ID is [#DWJ-47516-896]. Please let me know if you need anything else or if I did it incorrectly and I'll try and recreate a diagnostics report.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@deanmalmgren: Thanks for sending that! I doubt it's anything you've done wrong. I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: DWJ-47516-896

• egoham
    egoham
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Should have posted in mac beta and not teams beta

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options
This discussion has been closed.