Any thoughts on a General/Everything basic "New Item" option?

jpartain89
jpartain89
Community Member

Is there any plans for this/updates on adding this? I know this has been requested a few times, but I was wanting to reiterate my support for this, as I'm finding more and more items that don't fit in any category and I don't just wanna make a big text file-based secure note.

Just a basic layout that doesn't have anything prefilled at all.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@jpartain89,

I can't comment on AgileBits' plans, but I will say, don't hold your breath. New categories and custom categories have been one of the most requested features, but so far, no luck.

You can use Secure Notes with custom sections and fields (so long as you're using a Desktop version of 1Password) to create some pretty rich looking pseudo-categories. Take a look at this post and the next one. Both are essentially identities, but the latter is a Secure Note.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jpartain89,

Thanks for letting us know you're interested in custom categories. For now, as MrC mentioned, we find that Secure Notes function pretty well as customizable items. Check out Megan's recent blog post highlighting some of the many ways you can take advantage of the flexibility of Secure Notes.

If you find yourself needing something specific that a Secure Note can't offer you (besides its own special spot in the Categories list with its own special icon), please do let us know. In the meantime, we are still considering the idea of custom categories, and I have added your vote for this in our internal issue tracker. Thanks!

ref: OPM-1643

• jaugust55
    jaugust55
    Community Member

Hello Vee,
    I would like to cast a vote for Custom Categories as well.

Thx!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jaugust55,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here! I'll be sure your vote is added. :)

This discussion has been closed.