How can I ensure that a website requiring 3 or more lines of login information submits

Options

More sites are adding additional information requirements to the login beyond a username and password. They are not multiple step, but have 3 or 4 different identification lines to submit. For example, to retrieve my paycheck online I must complete a form that includes my company ID, my username and my password in addition to checking a box to remember my credentials.

While I can see the information in the web form details, it does not appear in the standard view and it does not fill in when I attempt to fill it in manually or when I launch from within 1password.

1Password Version: 5.4.2
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:diagnostics, kb:create-multi-page-login, kb:change-passwords-without-pasting, kb:fix-website-login, kb:credit-card-tags

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @haz113k,

If a Login item isn't filling all three fields, even if the information is visible in the web form details then the first thing I would suggest trying is to see if creating a new Login item by following our How to manually save a Login guide makes any difference or not. If it doesn't we will work with you to figure out why.

When you create a new Login from inside the browser it generates the web form details section based on the fields and their contents at the time of saving. You're correct that we don't copy all of that data to the a more visible section but much of it may very well be meaningless and merely bizarre fields present on the page that you don't care about. They're needed for proper filling though so they can't be deleted.

What I personally do if I have a Login item like this is after I've created the Login item and tested it, I manually create custom sections to replicate the important pieces of information that I would like to see become visible. I'm simply copying the data and should it change I would need to update both the web form details section and my custom section at the same time.

Please do let us know if you can't fill using a new Login item and hopefully the explanation helps a little in understanding the current 1Password behaviour :smile:

This discussion has been closed.