All of our vaults have been inaccessible due to a "Failed to load Vault" Error

Options
JRowe
JRowe
Community Member

Our team is a part of the 1Password for teams beta and for the last few days we're been unable to access any of our vaults and receive the following error message:

Error
Failed to load vault.
Cannot read property '_currentElement' of null.

Look forward to any advice on resolution!

1Password Version: Desktop, Google Chore
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: OS X 10.10.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @JRowe ,

Is this only in the web browser? Have you added your accounts to the desktop or iOS apps? Do you receive the same error there?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• JRowe
    JRowe
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_kevin,

This is only in the web browser. We haven't added accounts to the desktop or iOS apps (we didn't want to make that investment until we were sure the product was the right fit for us). Thanks!

-Jessica

• bernerdschaefer
    bernerdschaefer
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_kevin I receive the same error when attempting to load vaults for my team in the web browser. I'm running Chromium on Linux.

• julie-tx
    julie-tx
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bernerdschaefer -

Could you please tell me the Linux distro and Chromium version you're using? I'm the resident Linux fanatic and I'd be happy to see if I can recreate whatever it is you're seeing.

• bernerdschaefer
    bernerdschaefer
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @julie-tx! I'm running NixOS, using Chromium (Version 42.0.2305.3). I first attempted to open my vaults with Teams beta Version 1.0.BETA.15, and am still seeing it now (1.0.BETA.18). Various combinations of hard refreshes and incognito windows have been unsuccessful at clearing it up.

• julie-tx
    julie-tx
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bernerdschaefer -

I don't have that version of Chromium, so I don't know if the problem is the version you're using. I'm using Chromium 45.0.2454.101 and don't see that problem. For Linux I'm presently on Ubuntu 14.04. Could you please see about upgrading Chromium? And while you're doing that, I'll see if I can build a NixOS VM so we can get to the bottom of this.

• michaelgermain
    michaelgermain
    Community Member
    Options

We are getting this error as well. It only seems to happen on Web Only users. We're running the Mac OS 10.11.1 and Chrome is up to date.

• michaelgermain
    michaelgermain
    Community Member
    Options

I just setup my user who was having this issue with Firefox, and it 1Password Teams web-only version now works great.

• julie-tx
    julie-tx
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@michaelgermain -

Did Chromium start working properly as well?

• michaelgermain
    michaelgermain
    Community Member
    Options

Google Chrome does not seem to work for web only users. I was able to get Firefox to work for web-only clients. We are using Mac OS 10.11.1

• julie-tx
    julie-tx
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@michaelgermain -

Thanks. I'll see what I can do to recreate your scenario. My house is full of gadgets so all my users have devices as well.

• julie-tx
    julie-tx
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greets -

I wanted to make sure I didn't seem to have fallen off the face of the earth.

First up, I wasn't able to get NixOS to run in a VM. It's an interesting distribution, but the use of symbolic links for everything kept chroot from being able to fix all the issues I was having, and I wasn't able to find a set of environmental variables which were able to fix the problems. I installed directly from an ISO in VirtualBox, following the on-line instructions on the distro home page. I didn't install an appliance image, which might have worked, I just don't know.

I saw a number of issues with down-level versions of Chrome and Firefox, but they all went away as soon as I installed current, non-beta releases of those browsers.

That's where thing stand. If you're still having this issue and would like to spend some one-on-one time trying to recreate the issues, please contact us via email and mention that we spoke. There's only one Julie in Team Security, and I'm the official AG Linux geek, so you're doubly sure to get sent my way.

• We might have fixed this problem in development. I hope to get a new build out tomorrow night.

This discussion has been closed.