Problem: 2FA section disappeared after a sync.

Options
cjbulow
cjbulow
Community Member
edited January 2016 in iOS

I have an account at Stellar https://www.stellar.org/account-viewer/#/.

I used to use Authy as my 2FA but removed that a week ago. After a week you're then allowed to add back a new 2FA source. For this I used 1Password on the iPhone 6s+. I successfully had a new 2FA bar-code generated which 1Password for iOS recognised and which gave me a new token to allow me to switch on 2FA in Stellar. I saved the changes on the iPhone (at least I think I did so at this point).

All good so far. At that point I also hadn't asked the devices to sync. I logged out of the account in my browser which, in hind-sight, was a mistake, but not one I could revert...

At the same time I was making one small change on 1Password for Mac for this same account which I saw was auto-synced across to the iPhone (both are using Dropbox). Except that at the same time, the 2FA section disappeared from the iPhone & wasn't reflected in 1Password for Mac at any point. I'm now not able to access Stellar.

Before I raise this as a ticket with them:

(a) is this a mistake in usage that I've made and that I should be aware of for the future (no other accounts and I have around 30 that I moved to from Authy have had this problem, although I'm not sure if I was editing them simultaneously on two devices as in this case)
(b) and/or is there any way to recover this 2FA section from within 1Password?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.0.BETA-2 (600002), iOS 6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    Options

Any update or suggestions here please people?

• Hello @cjbulow. First off I'm sorry for the trouble you're having with your 2FA in 1Password. It sounds like there was a conflict that 1Password automatically (and incorrectly) resolved and removed your two-factor section.

At this point I do not believe that there is any way to recover that missing information unless there is a "conflicts" section in your item details that shows the 2FA field.

Would you be able to send in a diagnostic report from both 1Password for Mac and iOS so we can ensure this does not happen again?

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    Options

No "conflicts" section. OK, thanks.

Reports submitted and the support ID is [#KTV-17914-869].

Apologies; just realised they went from (and to) different email addresses but hopefully they can be tied together.

• Got it, thanks @cjbulow .

This discussion has been closed.