I am no longer able to edit passwords on my Mac.

Options

When I attempt to edit a password, the old password won't delete & vertical lines jump along the spaces. It's difficult to describe.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am no longer able to edit passwords on my Mac.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Renee you've not told us what version of 1P you are running—or your OS X version. If by any chance you're trying to run 1P3 on OS X El Capitan you should read the AgileBits' posts in this sticky at the top of the 1P3 legacy forum.

If you're not running 1P3 under OS X El Capitan please tell us:

Stephen

• Hi @Renee! It sounds like you may be using 1Password 3, as Stephen mentioned. Could you let us know what version of the app and OS X you're using so we have a better idea of what's going on? :)

• Renee
    Renee
    Community Member
    Options

I am using password 3.

• @Renee Thanks for letting us know. I'd recommend giving the sticky post that Stephen mentioned a read for some details on this issue and how to resolve it. Let us know if you have any questions. :)

• Renee
    Renee
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the link to sticky post. I have el Capitan and I would update to 1Password 5 but i'm afraid that there will be a glitch and I have all my passwords on this device which I use to pay my bills in my winter residence. I don't have access to all my info here.
    What do you suggest?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @Renee,

If you're worried at all what we can do is copy the Agile Keychain somewhere else so that you have a copy that 1Password 5 won't touch.

1. Launch 1Password 3 for Mac.
    2. Open 1Password's preferences and switch to the General tab if needed.
    3. Right click where it says 1Password.agilekeychain.
    4. You will see a small contextual menu with three options. Select the option titled Show In Finder.
    5. This will open a Finder window with focus on your 1Password Agile Keychain.
    6. Copy (don't move) your Agile Keychain to somewhere safe like the Desktop.

When you first launch 1Password it will look in several places to see if it can find existing data and two of those places are the default locations used by 1Password 3 for Mac. Those locations don't include your Desktop so a copy of your Agile Keychain stored there is safe. It will connect to the Agile Keychain and should simply ask you for your existing Master Password and then you should see your vault.

I've detailed the steps to hopefully reassure you a bit as sure, anything that happens to the vault is scary. I've never seen this part glitch in such a way that it has destroyed data though so I'm confident that you'll be posting back here to say that it has worked.

The new version will probably take a little time to become accustomed to but all the data should be present. If you have any questions before starting please do ask :smile:

This discussion has been closed.