followed import instructions for v3 data into v6 but did not work. pls help!

Options
maddmaxx
maddmaxx
Community Member

i followed the instructions your website provided but my data did not import. Iphone6 iOS 9

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:upgrade-ios

Comments

• maddmaxx
    maddmaxx
    Community Member
    Options

UPDATE: Importing data from v3.7.2 to current version available in the App Store

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @maddmaxx ,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble getting your data into the new version of 1Password! You mention that you've got version 3.7.2, which is a good start! I'm assuming that the easy part of the import listed in the first part of the article didn't work for you. Just to clarify, did you also try the steps in the second part of the troubleshooting article? Please provide as much detail as possible so that we can figure out where things are getting tangled up.

• maddmaxx
    maddmaxx
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan - Thanks for the quick response! I see now that I was following instructions from an older web page and they were for versions 3.7.1 or earlier. So I deleted the new version of 1Password and started over following the instructions for 3.7.2. I got all the way through but when I opened 1Password v3.7.2 from within the new version, the lock screen came up so I logged in but the screen with the option to import/migrate never comes up.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @maddmaxx,

It is actually the version 3.7.1 and previous instructions on the page Megan linked to that we'd like you to try following, please. If you have trouble please let us know which step you get to and what the difficulty is (e.x. if there is an error message, what exactly does it say?).

Thanks!

Ben

• maddmaxx
    maddmaxx
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben: I tried the instructions for v3.7.1 first got all the way to opening 1Password 6 to verify my data but my data wasn't there. So this morning I tried the instructions for 3.7.2 and when I get to the point of opening v3.7.2 in order to import my data, I did not get the prompt on my screen to do so.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @maddmaxx. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from 1Password 6 on your iOS device:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• maddmaxx
    maddmaxx
    Community Member
    Options

Good Morning Ben: I went to create the diagnostic report from 1Password 6 this morning but because I have not been able to import my existing data I still have the "Welcome to 1Password" pop up screen. Do I create a new vault? I think that's the only way to get to the main screen but I'm afraid I won't be able to later import my existing 3.7.2 data.

• Ben
    Options

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, you would need to create a new vault before you can generate the report. Not to worry though, we can always erase this vault later if necessary to re-attempt the import.

Thanks!

Ben

• maddmaxx
    maddmaxx
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for the clarification Ben. for some reason the system did not notify me of your reply so I haven't done sent the report until this morning when I logged in to message you again. I sent the report just a few minutes ago

• maddmaxx
    maddmaxx
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the support ID number from the BOT: [#ZTY-21832-832]

• SeanFoster
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hello @maddmaxx, I’ve received your report and followed up with you via email. Let’s continue the discussion via email. :)

This discussion has been closed.