Licensing and access question

Options
rkoerfer
rkoerfer
Community Member

I'm considering moving from Lastpass to iPassword but after all the reading I did I'm not clear about a few things:

Licensing
There are different licenses for each platform but if it is the same user only one is needed!?. To clarify - can I use iPassword on my iMAC, iPad or iPhone with one license? If so I assume that the Apple version makes the most sense, correct?

Access
Let's say I am traveling and I am using a Windows PC in a hotel to do some research by accessing some of my accounts on different websites, how could I get iPassword to work or look up a password on this hotel PC? Let's assume I have my iPhone with me.

Thanks in advance to clarify those questions.
Raimund

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi Raimund ( @rkoerfer ),

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

1Password is licensed on a per-person per-platform basis. This means that a Mac license is not valid for iOS, nor vice versa. That said, the base iOS product is free. Only the Pro features have a price tag, and are optional. They are available only as an in-app purchase (processed by the App Store).

You can read more here:

(iOS) What licenses do I need to use 1Password on all my devices?

As for accessing your passwords while traveling... the first thing I'd point out is that we would recommend extreme caution while using a computer you cannot trust (and you cannot trust a hotel computer). We would not recommend entering any credentials on such a computer. There is no telling what keyloggers etc may be installed. That said, if you must enter your credentials on a computer that is not yours you may find our Large Type feature on iOS handy:

AgileBits Blog | Accessibility in 1Password for iOS

I hope that helps!

Ben

• rkoerfer
    rkoerfer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    thanks for your quick feedback. So I understand that I get 1Password free for iOS and a one version for the MAC, but will both version be synced and accessing the same vault so to speak?

Do you also have an answer to my second question about how to access 1Password if I am using a Windows PC in a hotel for example and need access to one of my passwords? I don't think that the links you added addressed that point.

Raimund

• Ben
    Options

@rkoerfer

Yep, the base iOS app is totally free. You can sync it with 1Password for Mac. You can find instructions for syncing here:

Sync | 1Password for iOS

My second paragraph above (starting with "as for accessing your passwords while traveling...") addresses your concern about access from a hotel computer.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.