Google Play Store beta testing

Stanzilla
Stanzilla
Community Member

Would love to get beta versions via the Google Play store instead of downloading the APKs all the time, any plans for that?

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/3131213?hl=en
http://android-developers.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/iterate-faster-on-google-play-with.html

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Stanzilla. We've actually received a few requests to publish beta versions in the Play Store, and I'll go ahead and add your :+1:.
    ref: OPA-460

We don't have any concrete plans to switch beta channels at the moment, but we'll certainly keep it in mind. :)

• mhenrixon
    mhenrixon
    Community Member

How the hell do I find a beta to download? I desperately need to sync with WIFI since right now you are useless to me on Android. Please please please point me to a download link!

• mhenrixon
    mhenrixon
    Community Member

Oh wow... the signup form doesn't display on my Safari....

• Hi @mhenrixon. Wi-Fi sync is available in the Play Store version of 1Password, so the beta version isn't necessary for that feature.

That said, I was able to load https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/androidnewsletter.html just fine in Safari. What device are you using to access that site?

• @mhenrixon I also noticed you have uBlock enabled in Safari. uBlock is used to block contents on a web page, so it's likely causing this problem. Could you temporarily disable it and reload the website? Let us know if you are able to load the page now. Thanks.

• Berglind
    Berglind
    Community Member

+1 on distributing the Beta build through Play Store. It's very easy and so much nicer for the users than having to need a third party app.

• Thanks, @Berglind. I'll add your :+1: for Play Store betas. :)

• BXIA
    BXIA
    Community Member

Add my vote please. AB is a lightweight company, so the switching should be fast and simple.
    Historically it takes long time for AB to make decisions, but this process could be simplified - I mean publish beta apps to Google Play is way easier than coding.

• Will do, @BXIA. I'm adding your vote for distributing our betas through Google Play. There certainly would be some advantages to it. Thanks!

• Fuego3048
    Fuego3048
    Community Member

Add me to the list as well. Testing through Google Play is where it's at!

• Thanks! I'm adding your vote for betas through Google Play as well. :)

• nesl247
    nesl247
    Community Member

Count me in as well for requesting this. I can't even fathom why you guys haven't switched yet.

• The cat's out of the bag now, @nesl247. We're making the switch soon. :lol:

So... how are we releasing this?

We are going to release this beta through the Google Play beta testing channel, removing our current dependence on HockeyApp.

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member

Yay!

• We're excited too!

This discussion has been closed.