I upgraded my Firefox and 1 password no longer works with it. They say you need to get your add-in s

Options

I upgraded my Firefox and 1 password no longer works with it. They say you need to get your add-in signed on:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/Distribution

Hoping you can do this so I can continue to use Firefox.

Thank you,

Alissa

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os10.6.8
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I upgraded my Firefox and 1 password no longer works with it. They say you need to get your add-in signed on: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/Distribution Hoping you can do this so I can continue to use Firefox. Thank you, Alissa --

Comments

• alissa
    alissa
    Community Member
    Options

Please answer

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alissa,

I've moved your question to the 1Password 3 for Mac section under Legacy as the newest version of 1Password that still runs in OS X Snow Leopard is 1Password 3 for Mac.

Unfortunately signing won't make any real difference as at the same time they introduced the requirement of extensions to be signed they also removed a library that the old 1Password 3 Firefox Extension relied on. We discuss this and more in an article we have titled 1Password 3 extension missing in Firefox 40 or later.

As a user of OS X Snow Leopard the options aren't great. You can move to something they call Firefox ESR (Extended Support Release) which we talk about in that link. This will give you some breathing room but eventually a new version will be released there too that removes the widget the extension relies on. At this stage your only two options on this Mac would be to consider an alternative browser or to make the decision to stay with an older version of Firefox ESR and to no longer receive security updates. The options aren't great I'm afraid.

You may well have a few questions after reading the material in that link and we'll do our best to answer any that you have.

This discussion has been closed.