How do I switch from Wi-Fi Sync to Dropbox sync with Android (Wi-Fi is the only sync option I see)?

Options
KatrinaL
KatrinaL
Community Member

I was originally using wi-fi sync between my Mac and Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S6), but now I want to switch to Dropbox sync so I can have my phone and Mac synced at all times. However, in the 1Password app on my phone, when I go to Settings>Sync, the only option to turn on or off is Wi-Fi Sync. Where is the Dropbox Sync option? Perhaps I need to disable or turn off some other setting first? I already changed the settings on my Mac to Dropbox sync.
Thank you in advance,
Katrina

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.1.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:only wi-fi, kb-search:switching from wi-fi sync to dropbox, kb:switch-to-dropbox, kb-search:switching from wi-fi sync to dropbox, kb:switch-to-dropbox

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @KatrinaL. 1Password 4 for Android allows you to configure any supported sync solution you like, but once sync is configured on your device, it's not possible to change syncing without resetting the app.

First things first, can you confirm that all of your data is synced over to the Mac? If there's any data on Android that hasn't yet synced over to Mac, go ahead and initiate one more Wi-Fi sync in order to get things back on track.

Once you have everything backed up in the vault on your Mac, though, open your Android device settings and tap Apps > 1Password > Clear data. Then you should be able to configure Dropbox sync.

One more thing to note--1Password on Android uses the Agile Keychain format for Dropbox syncing. We don’t support the OPVault format for these sync methods yet. If the vault you have in Dropbox is an .opvault vault, just let me know and I'll help you get it changed into an .agilekeychain.

• KatrinaL
    KatrinaL
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi! Thanks for your prompt response! I followed your directions and now have my primary 1Password vault sync'd between my android phone and my Mac. Thanks for the tip about the Agile Keychain format; my vaults are both in the .agilekeychain formats.

However, now I am confused again. I looked through the user guide and knowledge base, and I can't figure out how to also sync my second vault? Does the Android app only let me sync a single vault?!?! On my Mac, I set up a second vault with logins that I want to share with my husband for accounts we both access.

...I just did another search to make sure I wasn't missing anything found this: https://support.1password.com/dropbox-share-vault/?android, which states that the Android app only supports syncing with a single vault. Ugh, I am bummed. I guess I could just put all the logins in my primary vault and share everything with my husband. Of course, then he can't have his own logins for things like banking for which we use separate logins, which will then limit his use of 1Password.

Will syncing multiple vaults for Android be added soon? Do you have an estimated date when the feature would be available?

Thank you!

• peri
    Options

No problem, @KatrinaL! I'm glad to hear that you were able to get everything syncing properly with Dropbox. :)

As to multiple vaults, this is high on our priority list of features we'd like to add. In fact, 1Password for Teams is in beta, and we're hoping to bring Teams support to Android within the next several weeks. 1Password for Teams will indeed have support for multiple vaults, and may be a good solution for you and your husband.

I can't say when multiple vault support will be added to the regular app, but it will certainly be in our Teams beta soon!

• KatrinaL
    KatrinaL
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @peri! Glad to hear supporting multiple vaults is a high priority. I already bought the 1Password Windows/Mac bundle and a license for my Android phone. Will the 1Password for Teams require I purchase another license bundle and Android license? Thanks.

• peri
    Options

Well, therein lies the rub, @KatrinaL. :) 1Password for Teams is currently in beta and is going to be free for the duration of the beta period. It's a completely separate app from the regular 1Password app on each platform, so switching over will be up to you. It will indeed be a separate purchase, when we finally start charging.

We're certainly hoping to bring multiple vaults into the regular Android app as well, but 1Password for Teams will be in beta soon if you need something for the meanwhile.

This discussion has been closed.