error message and can't edit a password fot a website in 1Password

Options

Hi,
I have a mac running El Capitan. Have the lastest 1Password, so no update requiered. When I try to edit a password or login it doesn't work. I can send you a screenshot.
Als when I click on Logins, in the left menu I get a error message. So strange thinghs happens. When I try it agian no problem. But the problem whit editing a login is not possible.
Image 1 is the message when I click on "Logins"
image 2 after I seached for a login, this error appears
Image 3 when I click "edit"

I hope that you can help me.
Best regards,
Sandras Verkerk

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: 3.9.21.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11 02
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:can't edit

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@verkerk_sandra as your post relates to 1P3 for Mac I have moved the post from the 1Password for Mac forum to the 1P3 legacy forum where you will get more help.

I think, as you're trying to run 1P3 on OS X El Capitan, the best place to start is with the posts in this sticky at the top of the forum.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @verkerk_sandra,

You may well have a few questions after reading the post that Stephen_C linked you to and we'll do our best to answer any and all that you have.

When 1Password 3 reports that it is up to date it isn't intentionally trying to mislead you as version 3.8.22 is the latest version of 1Password 3. We are now up to 1Password 5 for Mac though and 1Password 4 & 5 are stored at a different location because it's a paid upgrade and at a guess (I wasn't here at the time) we didn't want 1Password 3 nagging you about an update that was going to cost you money.

We'll see what other questions arise though and take them one by one :smile:

• verkerk_sandra
    verkerk_sandra
    Community Member
    Options

Hi littlebobbytables,

I want to upgrade my license to v5 and since I prefer using iCloud Sync support the purchase must be made at the Mac App Store. If I upgrade my v3 license to a v5 license via https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade can I then use this license for the App store version? This would save me $25 seeing as the app store version is priced at $49,99.

Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @verkerk_sandra,

Unfortunately that isn't possible.

As we have complete control over the AgileBits Store we can pretty much do as we please which includes offering existing customers discounts. With Apple's stores it's a very different approach. Currently there is no way to offer a discount or even free copy to an individual for the Mac App Store. It also isn't possible to transfer a licence either. Basically we're allowed to set a single price that applies equally to anybody. We can alter this price for a sale which does happen every so often but it's the same as our store where we're merely adjusting the standard price. I believe it's one feature many developers who sell via Apple's stores would like to see, the ability to offer a discount, for example to existing customers of an older version.

Sorry I couldn't bring more promising news :(

This discussion has been closed.