Why is the Safari Extension non-responsive using keyboard commands?

Options
conradwt
conradwt
Community Member
edited January 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

I have installed the Safari extension several times but the extension stops working over time. Next, I don't see any errors when installing the extension and it appears to be installed as expected. BTW, I tend to use the keyboard command (i.e. Command + backslash character) to invoke the extension for accessing sites within Safari 9.0.2.

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: 4.5.1
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @conradwt,

The next time this happens can you test something for me please.

1. What happens if you use the keyboard shortcut ⌥⌘\?
    2. What happens if you click on the 1Password Safari Extension icon in Safari?

The reason I ask is the extension is just a bridge between Safari and 1Password for Mac. The keyboard shortcuts are part of 1Password for Mac and not the extension. It isn't to suggest whatever the issue may be isn't connected to the extension but we have to figure out what is happening.

The keyboard shortcut ⌥⌘\ opens 1Password mini and if it is connected and communicating to the extension in Safari it should show you the available Login items for the page you're on. I'm wondering if anything obvious stands out as being wrong when you view it.

Clicking the icon causes the extension to contact 1Password mini to inform it that its services are required. This differs from using the keyboard shortcuts as when they're used they initiate contact with the extension to find out what the URL for the active tab is.

Hopefully something here might help us figure out what is going on.

Out of curiosity, do you notice if it happens after you've left sleep mode or are you finding it simply starts happening in the middle of an active session?

This discussion has been closed.