1Password doesn't fill form only in certain sites (eBay, Amazon, etc.)

Options

Hi and Happy New Year at all.
I'm using 1P beta versions also to test if this could solve the issue about not fill in data in some site like eBay, Amazon and others. I'm using the last public beta of OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 (15D13b).
The problem on eBay seems to be started when they change login interface, but it could be a coincidence.
Browsing on web I found some suggestion, as delete account in 1P and try to insert again data on site, but 1P no longer asks to add the new instance and if I insert those manually issue not solved.
Is there any way to try to solve this problem?
Thanks
Regards
Carlo

1Password Version: 6.0.BETA-6 (600006)
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: 10.11.3 (15D13b)
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• carlo_a
    carlo_a
    Community Member
    Options

Hi and Happy New Year at all.
    I'm using 1P beta versions also to test if this could solve the issue about not fill in data in some site like eBay, Amazon and others. I'm using the last public beta of OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 (15D13b).
    The problem on eBay seems to be started when they change login interface, but it could be a coincidence.
    Browsing on web I found some suggestion, as delete account in 1P and try to insert again data on site, but 1P no longer asks to add the new instance and if I insert those manually issue not solved.
    Is there any way to try to solve this problem?
    Thanks
    Regards

• peri
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Filling doesn"t work anymore.
  • peri
    Options

Hi @carlo_a. Thanks for getting in touch with us! I've moved your comment to our topic for issues related to filling. :)

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with some of your Logins! I'd like you to please try manually saving Logins for these sites. Let us know if that helps with filling!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@carlo_a: Since your question doesn't pertain to 1Password for Teams but rather logins, I've moved this discussion to the browser filing category of the forums.

Sorry of the trouble! The autosave issue you seem to be describing is fixed in the beta...but you'll need to use the beta extension as well:

1Password extensions (beta)

I'm using 1P beta versions also to test if this could solve the issue about not fill in data in some site like eBay, Amazon and others.

Oddly, I'm not having any issues with either Amazon or eBay. If you can tell us the URLs in particular you're having trouble with and exactly what's happening we'll be happy to test them and try to offer a solution, workaround, and improvements in the future!

That said, in many cases saving the login for the site manually will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form. Just try these steps:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Tap the 'key' icon (or the Share button, to use the extension in Safari) to bring up the login menu
    4. Tap + New Login
    5. Tap Save
    6. Close the webpage and tap the URL in your new login item to have 1Password fill it
    7. Tap the "Sign in"/"Log in" button to submit the form

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you. :)

• carlo_a
    carlo_a
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brently (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/267653?) and Peri (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/267554#Comment_267554).
    Excuse me to have written the question in wrong place...
    Seems that your suggestions are the same and I tried to do these. I have the same accounts for local and international site (I live in Italy and often use eBay.it, amazon.it, etc., sometimes eBay.co.uk/de/com, etc., obviously with the same account, but intenationals sites ask to login again, so I had saved the same account's data for differents sites). I tried to delete all eBay account in 1P and manually insert eBay.it, but it don't fill form.
    I don't know if I should do specifics settings on safari because with Firefox and chrome 1P seems work properly on every site.
    Thanks
    Regards
    Carlo

• carlo_a
    carlo_a
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Peri (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/267554#Comment_267554) and Brently (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/267653?).
    Excuse me to have written the question in wrong place...
    Seems that your suggestions are the same and I tried to do these. I have the same accounts for local and international site (I live in Italy and often use eBay.it, amazon.it, etc., sometimes eBay.co.uk/de/com, etc., obviously with the same account, but intenationals sites ask to login again, so I had saved the same account's data for differents sites). I tried to delete all eBay account in 1P and manually insert eBay.it, but it don't fill form.
    I don't know if I should do specifics settings on safari because with Firefox and chrome 1P seems work properly on every site.
    Thanks
    Regards
    Carlo

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @carlo_a,

I see you've been having a couple of conversations regarding the same issue so I've merged the two threads. This way we can ensure you're not being pulled in multiple directions because people don't realise you're talking to multiple people.

I think it will prove useful to confirm where we stand.

You say you're having trouble with certain sites and you've used eBay and Amazon as examples. Later though you say

with Firefox and chrome 1P seems work properly on every site.

So I wonder, is the issue just limited to Safari now?

We know you're running OS X 10.11.3 beta and we know you're running 1Password 6.0.BETA-6 for Mac.

What I would be interested in knowing is the versions of each browser that you routinely use with 1Password, what version of the extension you now have installed in each and which browsers, if any, currently work with the sites you mention.

This will help focus where the problem is and I believe help us find the solution to get things working for you again :smile:

• carlo_a
    carlo_a
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Littlebobbytables.
    I usually use safari as default browser, now it is v.9.0.3 (11601.4.4), the 1P extension is v.4.4.4.
    Firefox is v. 43.0.4, 1P extension v.4.5.1.
    Chrome is v. 47.0.2526.106 (64-bit), 1P extension v.4.5.1.90.
    You can find an image with safari's extensions installed, maybe someone could be cause conflicts.
    Thanks
    Regards

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @carlo_a,

Can you try the following for me please.

1. Remove the 1Password 4.4.4 Safari Extension from Safari.
    2. Restart Safari to ensure a cached copy is not a problem.
    3. Visit 1Password Browser Extensions in Safari and download the 4.5.1 1Password Safari Extension.
    4. Safari will ask if you trust the extension. This is because this copy didn't come from the Safari Extension Gallery which we've still not managed to publicly offer the newer version. We're trying to figure out why.

With the newer version installed do you find Safari works better?

• carlo_a
    carlo_a
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Littlebobbytables.
    I installed the 1P safari extension v4.5.1 and now seem all works properly.
    I thought the safari's extensions could upgrade automatically, in the past this is always happened.
    Anyway now I know that if same issues will happen again this solution can solve.
    Thanks for help and congratulation for great support activities!
    Regards
    Carlo

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @carlo_a,

It used to be the case that all extensions would automatically update if you set it this way but Apple tweaked this a little in Safari 9. It's now the case that extensions will automatically update if they came from the Safari Extension Gallery where we do have the 1Password Safari Extension. For reasons unknown to us at the moment though we've submitted version 4.5.1 to them but it is yet to be published in their gallery. Unfortunately we're reliant on Apple for this final part. I'm sure things will fall into a nice grove at some point and all our users can once again receive automatic updates from the Safari Extension Gallery.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

For reasons unknown to us at the moment though we've submitted version 4.5.1 to them but it is yet to be published in their gallery.

Holiday coma, I'm guessing. Hoping they come out of hibernation in time for the next release at least. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.