As a custumer I would like to buy a AgileBits product to sync my bookmarks across browsers

Options
bgbraga
bgbraga
Community Member

As a custumer I would like to buy a AgileBits product to sync my bookmarks across browsers.

It will be nice.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Agilebits did have a MAC product called AllBookmarks that had been discontinued some time ago. One can hope that it will be revived at some unforseeable point in the future.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Indeed, I remember AllBookmarks! :eh:

@bgbraga: Unfortunately while AllBookmarks had a good run, keeping up with the changes in each browser there required more resources than we had — especially since we've been doing something similar (but different in scope) with the 1Password browser extensions all along! I don't believe we have plans to bring it back, but thanks for letting us know you'd be interested.

I will say however that there are some similar apps and services out there that might fill that need for you...but frankly I don't use any of them now! In fact, I kind of use 1Password as my bookmarks, though I rarely think of it that way. Between setting favorites for frequently used items and quickly searching for others (⌘ ⌥ \ is your friend!), I find that I rarely use browser-based bookmarks at all. After all, if I know where I want to go, it's only a few keystrokes away in the 1Password browser extension. I will admit to having saved a few "login" items with no login credentials at all — only a URL — expressly for this purpose.

Another related tip is to use the Notes section in each item to add additional keywords that might be useful. For example, I recently found myself searching for minutes (ack!) to find the login to pay my cable bill. I'd simply saved the login with the default name from the page I was on (I forget — probably rr.com), but my brain didn't know to look for that particular name. Instead I was looking for things like "cable" and "time warner". When I finally found the item (sorting by date can be helpful), I made sure to add these terms (as well as "twc") so that future me has an easier time finding it with a search. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.