Can 1P support AD authentication for Teams [Not ATM], support TOTP tokens [Yes]

Options
wearetesting
wearetesting
Community Member
edited December 2015 in Business and Teams

Hello,

I would like some answers 1Password for Windows from my 2 questions:

• Is 1Password manages AD authentication (Active Directory) ?
  • Is 1Password supports multifactor authentication (example: token) ?

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards

Romain Blaisonneau

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi Romain,

Thanks for the questions.

Is 1Password manages AD authentication (Active Directory) ?

Do you mean whether 1Password can fill login credentials in AD login prompts? Or whether 1Password can be used in an Active Directory environment?

Is 1Password supports multifactor authentication (example: token) ?

Do you mean whether it supports storing multi-factor authentication data or whether you can use tokens to unlock 1Password?
    The latter is not necessary because you don't authenticate yourself to your 1Password vaults, you decrypt them using your master password.

Please clarify your questions to we can help you better.

Cheers!

• wearetesting
    wearetesting
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Alex,

Thanks for you answers.

For the first question : I want to say that 1Password  can be used in an Active Directory environment? For AD authentication is that if you install 1Password on one of our servers, is what we can authenticate with our Windows account?

For the second question : Use tokens to unlock 1Password for teamwork. Otherwise how to OTP (One Time Password) in my vault on 1Password Team on Windows.

I hope if it is clear to you.

Ragards

• wearetesting
    wearetesting
    Community Member
    Options

I forgot to tell you that I am about 1Password for Teams.

Cheers.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

For the first question : I want to say that 1Password can be used in an Active Directory environment? For AD authentication is that if you install 1Password on one of our servers, is what we can authenticate with our Windows account?

@wearetesting: No. 1Password and 1Password for Teams do not support Active Directory logins, though you can save your AD credentials in 1Password. 1Password itself does not authenticate, but your 1Password for Teams account authenticates through the 1Password for Teams server, not any others.

For the second question : Use tokens to unlock 1Password for teamwork. Otherwise how to OTP (One Time Password) in my vault on 1Password Team on Windows.

It isn't currently possible to add custom fields in the 1Password for Teams web interface, but you can add the TOTP information in 1Password for Windows (also Mac or iOS):

Also note that 1Password for Windows does not yet have support for the 1Password for Teams beta. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• wearetesting
    wearetesting
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thanks you, @brenty !

But, I can not seem to OPT on "1Password for teams" ...

Thank you for your response !

:)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, as I mentioned previously, it isn't possible to add TOTP in the 1Password for Teams website. Only the apps support this right now, but we'd like to add it there in the future too! :)

• wearetesting
    wearetesting
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I have two questions I would like to know:

• We can share data among multiple teams?
    • What operating system runs the solution? Linux / Windows?

Regards,

• MikeT
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hi @wearetesting,

I've moved your thread from 1Password for Windows to our 1Password for Teams beta forum, so our experts can help answer your questions directly.

We can share data among multiple teams?

You would be able to sign into multiple teams at the same time in the apps and copy/move your items between teams as long as you have the proper permissions to do so.

What operating system runs the solution? Linux / Windows?

We use Amazon's Linux instances running on top of Amazon's Web Services. I would recommend reading our whitepaper here if you'd like to get a deeper understanding of how everything in 1Password for Teams work.

This discussion has been closed.