Can attachments be viewed with the android ap and an opvault database?

Options
dougmech
dougmech
Community Member

Can attachments be viewed with the android ap and an opvault database? They are in my PC opvault database, but they do not appear in the synced copy on my android device. I was using the agile keychain version on both my PC and android, but I have migrated to the opvault format. When using agile keychain they were on my android device the same as my PC. Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:opvault

Comments

• 1Password for Android does not support OPVault for Dropbox and local storage sync. This is currently on our development roadmap and our team plans to review it at a later time. If you are using OPVault on your other devices, I recommend using Wi-Fi sync on Android since it does not require an Agilekeychain. Wi-Fi sync on Android does not support attachment syncing at this time, but I will add your vote for this feature request. Thanks. :)

• Thompster
    Thompster
    Community Member
    Options

Add one for vote for getting attachments to work on Android.....

• peri
    Options

1Password 4 for Android has support for viewing attachments with Dropbox and local storage syncing. I'll certainly add your vote for support for attachments with Wi-Fi sync as well, @Thompster. :)

• Thompster
    Thompster
    Community Member
    Options

Are Dropbox and local storage syncing two different techniques? Or is local storage syncing a term that is part of the Dropbox method? I can't say that I'm a big fan of the Dropbox solution -- it seems to defeat the idea of keeping your passwords off of the cloud.

Anyways, I'm not seeing any references to local storage syncing in the documentation. If it does exist, could you point me to how it is done?

Oh yes -- and one more vote for Wi-Fi syncing with attachments to Android.

• peri
    Options

Hi @Thompster. Dropbox and local storage are indeed two different sync solutions. Dropbox syncs with the cloud, while local storage creates and syncs with a vault on your device's local drive. Dropbox allows you to automatically sync with other devices, but local storage only allows you to sync one device, unless you manually copy the folder to other devices with a USB. This is sort of similar to folder sync on Mac and Windows, except that manually copying the folder from Android doesn't exactly "sync," but instead copies over and merges files within the folder.

You can read a little about it here: https://support.1password.com/guides/android/settings-sync.html

I'm adding your vote for syncing attachments with Wi-Fi. :) Let me know if you have any further questions.

• Thompster
    Thompster
    Community Member
    Options

After a bunch of work, I got the file sync to work on my Android and the results included attachments. So I'm now where I want to be.

Here's my next question -> can the vault I copied over to my phone be deleted after the sync has be performed? Or does it need to remain on the phone?

Oh yes - and one more vote for Wi-Fi syncing with attachments to Android.

• saad
    Options

Great to hear you have attachment sync working!

If you plan to continue to sync 1Password to the data folder (AgileKeychain) on your phone, the data folder needs to be present. If you wish to disable sync, this can be done by going into 1Password’s Settings > Sync and disabling sync. With sync disabled, the AgileKeychain on your phone is no longer used.

However, I highly recommend keeping sync enabled as it also serves for backup purposes. Changes to items and new items on your phone will get synced over to the AgileKeychain. If you ever find yourself having to reinstall 1Password, wipe your device, or migrate your data from Android to another platform, you can do so using the AgileKeychain.

Hope that helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.