How to sync 1Password between MAC/Apple and Windows

Options
gpielka
gpielka
Community Member

I'm MAC/ iOs and Windows user, I bought 1Password via AppStore and work with it on MAC and iOs platform, but also would like to have access on my another Windows based PC. Is it possible to do this, and have one data base for both platforms?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X and Win7
Sync Type: iClod Dropbox
Referrer: kb:sync-options

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gpielka,

If you're looking to sync between Mac and Windows, you'll want to use Dropbox. Dropbox is really handy, as it not only works cross-platform, but it allows you to sync multiple vaults.

The guide for Dropbox on Mac is here, and the guide for getting set up on Windows is here.

If you have any further questions or concerns, we're happy to help!

• IamCuriousPassword
    IamCuriousPassword
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I'll bite.... I'm a new AgileBits customer (got the application for both Mac & PC but not using it just yet).

I use a Mac, my parents (on another continent) use a PC.
    I want to have access to their Vault (I'm their Power of Attorney for financial/health), and while my mother is still 'with it', she has bad days when she can't seem to do anything right on her PC, or she clicks on stuff she shouldn't and I have to fix the mess remotely with a remote access program.

I'd prefer that the US government not have any coercive powers on the host of my/myparents shared vault files, thus I'd much prefer to use a non-US site (Mega.nz and others come to mind) to host any shared vault files.

Is 1Password limited to ONLY using Dropbox?
    If so, why?
    If not, how can I configure other services to work with 1Password?

Thanks for your help.

• IamCuriousPassword
    IamCuriousPassword
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I'll bite.... I'm a new AgileBits customer (got the application for both Mac & PC but not using it just yet).

I use a Mac, my parents (on another continent) use a PC.
    I want to have access to their Vault (I'm their Power of Attorney for financial/health), and while my mother is still 'with it', she has bad days when she can't seem to do anything right on her PC, or she clicks on stuff she shouldn't and I have to fix the mess remotely with a remote access program.

I'd prefer that the US government not have any coercive powers on the host of my/myparents shared vault files, thus I'd much prefer to use a non-US site (Mega.nz and others come to mind) to host any shared vault files.

Is 1Password limited to ONLY using Dropbox?
    If so, why?
    If not, how can I configure other services to work with 1Password?

Thanks for your help.

This discussion has been closed.