Hello, I just downloaded this software, but I can't find ANY information on how to use it. a video?

brianfun2016
brianfun2016
Community Member

I looked through the site and don't see any instructions on how to use this.
Shouldn't there be a simple video or step by step instructions on how to use this?
I'm using windows and want to use this on my phone too

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Hello, I just downloaded this software, but I can't find ANY information on how to use it. a video?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@brianfun2016 the best place to start is here:

Got a question about 1Password?

In particular, you'll find on that page links to the very helpful and thorough user guides.

Stephen

• brianfun2016
    brianfun2016
    Community Member

Yea, I really was expecting a basic video on how to use it.
    Or that it would be simple to use.
    I am trying to figure out how it works, and don't have time for an extensive manual.
    I just want to be able to use the basic features.
    I just want to have one password for everything and I don't see anything that simply says how to set
    it up on my devices. Step by step
    thanks
    Bri

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

Having one password for everything is a very, very bad idea from a security standpoint. Not doing that is a major reason to have a password manager in the first place. If you really want to risk having a security breach on one web site open the way for bad actors to gain access to everyplace you log in, you might just as well remember your single password and forget about using a password manager. Again, a very bad idea for a security standpoint.

It does take time to learn any new piece of sophisticated software. Start slow with the getting started section of the User Guide that @Stephen_C recommended. Just doing that will get you started quickly. You then can gradually begin to use the other features as you become comfortable.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brianfun2016,

I'm sorry that you're not finding 1Password completely simple to set up. At this time, we don't have a comprehensive suite of videos - don't worry, it's definitely on our to do list!

The link that Stephen shared above will take you to our main support page. On that page, you'll find our User Guides for Mac and iOS. These guides should walk you through the process of setting 1Password up, and starting to save your first few items. I recommend starting there, and letting us know as soon as you come across a step that doesn't make sense to you. Although it's not a video, we've included a lot of screenshots so that you can follow along step by step.

I hope these guides help you get set up with 1Password on all your devices, but if you do have further questions, we're always happy to help.

• michael_ice
    michael_ice
    Community Member

You could also try "youtube" and search 1password, David A. Cox has a very good video starting from scratch here is the link if you are interested.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HSxWUqwpzU

• Thanks for sharing that, @michael_ice.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.