Topic: 1Password (3.8.21) opens but does not allow access to passwords (El Capitan)

Options

I have upgraded to El Capitan and find that 1Password (3.8.21) opens but does not allow access to passwords. I assume I need to upgrade to 1Password 5??
I want to make sure that I don't lose all the passwords when I upgrade to v. 5.
One thing I'm not sure about the process is whether I need to perform the steps listed in "Ensure all your browser logins have been saved in 1Password"
If I've done all my password creation in 1Password itself, do I need to worry about this step?
(Additional information: Safari lists no extensions, Firefox lists 1Password (disabled), Chrome lists 1Password enabled, and I also have Camino and Omniweb browsers)
Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
(I don't think I've ever used the command "Unlock 1Password to save this Login"...that's partly why I wonder whether I need to do the "Ensure all your browser logins have been saved in 1Password")

1Password Version: 3.8.21
Extension Version: 3.9.21.90
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: none
Referrer: kb:install-browser-extension

Comments

• learning
    learning
    Community Member
    Options

I have upgraded to El Capitan and find that 1Password (3.8.21) opens but does not allow access to passwords. I assume I need to upgrade to 1Password 5??
    I want to make sure that I don't lose all the passwords when I upgrade to v. 5.
    One thing I'm not sure about the process is whether I need to perform the steps listed in "Ensure all your browser logins have been saved in 1Password"
    If I've done all my password creation in 1Password itself, do I need to worry about this step?
    (Additional information: Safari lists no extensions, Firefox lists 1Password (disabled), Chrome lists 1Password enabled, and I also have Camino and Omniweb browsers)
    Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
    (I don't think I've ever used the command "Unlock 1Password to save this Login"...that's partly why I wonder whether I need to do the "Ensure all your browser logins have been saved in 1Password")

1Password Version: 3.8.21
    Extension Version: 3.9.21.90
    OS Version: 10.11.2
    Sync Type: none
    Referrer: kb:install-browser-extension

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @learning,

1Password 5 was designed to work smoothly in the latest Apple operating systems. This post explains a bit more about what you'll see running 1Password 3 in El Capitan. You'll get a much better experience if you choose to upgrade. We've also added some pretty awesome features since 1Password 3 that I'm sure you're going to love!

It certainly doesn't hurt to double-check and ensure that you have no unsaved logins stored in the browser extension. :) If you're positive that you never saved a Login via the 1Password browser extension, you could skip the step, but it's a fairly simple step to do, so I'd recommend doing it.

I hope this gets you all sorted out and that your upgrade goes smoothly. If you have any questions or concerns though, we're happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.