I am a new user and nothing will autofill

Options

I am a new user and nothing will autofill, when it does the other dialogue boxes on a page empty and I am still not signed in. in order to use 1PW i know have to go to it and copy the password from the app, way less efficient than before i started using this service.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:autofilling and clearing boxes

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @djpm,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting 1Password to fill logins for you. Thanks for contacting us here in the forum for help.

For best results, start by following these steps when saving a new login item. This ensures that the specific webform details for each site are captured and recorded in your new login item, so that it can fill properly when you go to use that saved login, like so.

Does this help?

• djpm
    djpm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response, Thats does not help though. I have gone through those steps and other things on the help forum but still it seems that although i have many login items saved, and i can access them when i open 1password and even copy the passwords from 1password, when i want 1pw to auto fill no only does it not autofill it clears the other fields that i have entered.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @djpm,

Thanks for following up, and I'm sorry you're still dealing with this issue. I've moved this discussion from the Mac forum to our Saving and Filling in Browsers forum, as it seems to be a browser filling issue. Would you mind giving us the following additional information, so we can further understand the issue?

• Which browser are you using, and what version number?
    • What version of the 1Password extension is installed in that browser?
    • Please provide a few URLs for websites that you're experiencing this problem with

Thanks in advance for these answers, and we look forward to getting 1Password working properly for you!

This discussion has been closed.