Reinstalled OS X fresh, can't move existing vault from Android to Mac!

Options
FierceKitten
FierceKitten
Community Member

Due to problems I had to reinstall OS X El Capitan fresh on my Macbook Pro (which wiped out my existing vault on my mac), but now I can't sync my existing 1password vault from my Android phone to my macbook. I tried the steps in the help and tutorials but 1Password won't sync; on my Android phone it says "Syncing with Wi-Fi Server... %ASK_FOR_MERGE_TOKEN%". Please help! (Android version 5.0, 1Password for android version 4.5.3)

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: Wi-Fi Sync
Referrer: ug:android/wifi, kb:diagnostics, kb-search:wipe, kb-search:start over, kb:starting-over

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FierceKitten: It sounds like you're getting this error in 1Password for Android. Is that correct? I'm moving this discussion to the appropriate category of the forums so you'll get the help you need.

• FierceKitten
    FierceKitten
    Community Member
    Options

That's correct, however I won't be able to troubleshoot this issue after all. After hours of trying to get my vault from Android onto my mac, I found a vault backup from a few weeks ago that was on a removable drive, so I went ahead and restored from that, even though it wasn't completely up to date. I am now using Dropbox to sync between my Android phone and my Mac, which seems to be a much more reliable solution. Syncing an existing vault from Android back to Mac simply doesn't seem to work as I expected and I am disappointed. On another note, I wish that 1Password supported syncing with other cloud storage providers, and I also wish that 1Password for Mac would allow me to select the location for its backups. Thank you for your time and assistance.

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the update, @FierceKitten. At the moment, 1Password 4 allows you to configure Wi-Fi sync with a single vault on a single computer. However, once sync is configured, it's not possible to change syncing without resetting or reinstalling the app.

Since the vault was wiped from your Mac, 1Password on Android was no longer able to sync with it, and was not able to sync with the new vault.

That said, I'm glad that you were able to restore a backup on Mac and reconfigure sync. :) If any other issues arise in the future, just let us know!

This discussion has been closed.