Want to completely get rid of old version & all content, and start fresh with 1PW6.

I had an old version, and have upgraded to 1Password6. I want to ditch the whole old version and all content from all my devices and Dropbox, and start all over again, but I have not found a way to do it. I am all Mac and wish I had bought it from the app store, but I bought the original from you, and so I guess I had to buy the upgrade from you, too.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Want to completely get rid of old version & all content, and start fresh with 1PW6.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@judyrowan assuming that your old version is 1P4 or 1P5 (please tell us if it is not) this knowledge base article will help you:

How do I start over with an empty vault?

If you want to start with a completely new slate you'll want to avoid sync'ing with Dropbox when you install the new version of 1P until you've deleted your existing 1P vault from Dropbox.

I am all Mac and wish I had bought it from the app store, but I bought the original from you, and so I guess I had to buy the upgrade from you, too.

There's not really any significant difference now between the Mac App Store version of 1P6 and the AgileBits store version: both now support iCloud sync ( as well as Dropbox and wi-fi). Before the AgileBits store version of 1P6 was released the AgileBits store version did not support iCloud sync of 1Password data.

Stephen

• judyrowan
    judyrowan
    Community Member

My old version is 3.8.22.

• Hi @judyrowan! I'm just curious: Why do you want to delete all your data as well? We usually advise against such things since they are accidental and we want to make sure you don't lose your passwords and logins. ;)

To remove 1Password 3 completely, just follow this guide: https://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/uninstall.html

And for 1Password 6, you can follow the guide that Stephen linked to. Hopefully that helps get you rolling.

• judyrowan
    judyrowan
    Community Member

Thanks. most of the information is out of date, and there is nothing in there that I don't also have on paper. I am just looking for a clean install.

• judyrowan
    judyrowan
    Community Member

OK - FYI, I had to manually permit the uninstall app to open, then I had to manually delete the content. When I opened 1PW6, the old 1PW data remained in a separate vault, so I manually deleted all of that, and now I seem to be good to go.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

The conversation is being continued over in Having trouble changing a password using 1Password now as we've moved to issues with 1Password 6.

This discussion has been closed.