I bought the Premium License for 1Password for OSX. Do I have to buy a separate one for Android?

Options
MoonRider
MoonRider
Community Member

My android app is indicating that I don't have the premium features included, even if I paid for premium and have it in my mac. Can you let me know what do I need to do to correct this issue.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:android app, kb:premium-features-faq, kb:purchase-verification

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @MoonRider. 1Password is licensed per person and per platform, so while a 1Password for Mac license will work for all of your Macs, it doesn't work for Android.

1Password for Android is free to download through the Play Store, and then has full functionality for 30 days. After the 30 day trial it becomes a reader, which means that you can sync, view, and fill your data with it, but you won't be able to add or edit items without unlocking the Premium features.

The Premium features are available through an in-app purchase handled by Google Play. Since they're handled through the Play Store, there's no way for us to bundle them with other licenses or transfer other licenses over.

I hope this clarifies things! Let us know if you have more questions. Thanks!

• MoonRider
    MoonRider
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you that clarifies the issue but it makes me a very unsatisfied customer since (my fault) I never expected or realized that I had to buy multiple licenses if I wanted to have full functionality. Many of your competitors do not require multiple licenses for a single user but.. I'll have to evaluate that for my next upgrade.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MoonRider: Sorry for the confusion! Indeed, 1Password is sold on a per-platform basis, so 1Password for Android is a separate purchase from the other versions. In fact, Mac apps won't run on an Android device anyway. Also, this allows people to purchase only the versions they'll actually use (for instance, if you don't have a PC you'll have no use for that version).

Without knowing the specifics of what you're referring to, I can at last tell you that many apps have a subscription associated with them, and then you log into your account on any device and use it...until you stop paying. 1Password doesn't work that way. Instead, you pay for what you need, and the license is your to use forever. There's no expiration or recurring fee involved.

We also charge sustainable prices for our products so that we can continue developing our software and supporting you and the rest of our awesome customers. Otherwise, none of us at AgileBits would be available to answer questions like this and help troubleshoot! I don't know about you, but I just can't work for free. I've got bills to pay, and frankly my wife would kill me! So I am very grateful for you and anyone else who has supported AgileBits so my colleagues and I can continue to make a living doing what we love.

Now, it's entirely up to you where you spend your hard-earned money, but we at AgileBits put a lot of time and energy into both developing new versions of 1Password and supporting you, but the only way we can do this is by getting paid for our hard work (which we think is fair). If you don't think 1Password is worth the money, don't buy it! I know I wouldn't. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.