Feature request: New category for physical products

henke
henke
Community Member
edited January 2016 in Lounge

Hi,

I am missing a category for physical goods, similar to the software products category but more towards physical goods where you can add e.g.

• Product
  • Homepage
  • Serial number
  • Price when bought
  • Save a digital receipt, this would be awesome if you had a camera feature so you could just take the picture within the app for fast saving.

It would be very useful when I need to buy additions but is not home or if I want to sell an item, then I have all information about the product. You could more or less "copy" the Software category and change some names. But I don't want to mix my software products with my e.g. TV.

Don't know if the forum is the correct place for this but lets see :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:physical goods

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @henke,

Thanks so much for the feedback! We hear a lot of requests from users on different categories that they would like to see in 1Password, and quite honestly, it's awesome. It's fantastic to hear about all of the different things that you all want to keep secure in 1Password.

One of the tricky things with all of these requests though, is that adding even half of them would result in an overwhelming list of options for users. We are tracking requests and keeping them in mind for when we re-design our category offerings, but there is a category in the app right now that can become pretty much anything that you want it to be.

Secure Notes has custom fields that will allow you to build your own database for hardware entries, medical information, tax details and so much more! It's one of my favourite categories in 1Password, actually. Lately I've been using it for storing all of my travel details. You can read more about Secure Notes in this blog post.

Save a digital receipt, this would be awesome if you had a camera feature so you could just take the picture within the app for fast saving.

It is possible to add attachments via the desktop versions of 1Password, and we're considering bringing this feature to the mobile apps as well. I'll let the team know you'd find it handy!

This discussion has been closed.