When I use 1 Password to open Apple Installer it defaults to Apple ID

Options
Marmot
Marmot
Community Member

Whenever I try to use !password to open Apple Installer, it opens Apple ID instead. The passwords are quite different. I notice that Apple ID shows the website details when I open 1Password, but that there is no entry for that in Apple Installer. Is that part of the problem? How do I fix it please. 1Passsword version is 6.0.1 and Extension is 4.5.2.90

Comments

• Hey @Marmot! Are you trying to log in to Apple's website? I'm not quite sure what you mean by Apple Installer. If you're referring to the Mac App Store and have a Login item saved for it, double-clicking that item only opens the website associated with it. 1Password doesn't open and fill Mac apps at the moment.

• Marmot
    Marmot
    Community Member
    Options

Well probably that's the answer. But whenever I install a new driver (as I just have for a Canon Printer, for example), a box comes up headed Apple Installer, asking me to key in my password for it. If I do this using 1Password, Apple ID opens instead, so I have to key the password in manually. Then installation occurs. Thanks for the advice.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for the confusion! It isn't actually posable for 1Password to interact with the system account prompts, so you'll always have to remember and enter it manually. You can store the information in 1Password however. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.