[Feature Request] Image verification in password entry window

Options

In light of the LastPass phishing attacks, I was wondering whether it'd be possible to add a user pre-selected image to the master password unlock screen.

This would essentially foil any phishing attempts by ensuring that you can visually verify that the password entry screen is actually the one from 1Password/1Password Chrome ext/etc and not some knockoff phishing attempt screen that may collect and use your information to access the data being stored.

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @autronix,

I haven't fully read up on the information supplied but wasn't the issue that LastPass were opening something from within the browser when interacting with the user, something that could be replicated by a naughty individual? Our extension has no UI, it's merely a bridge between the browser and 1Password mini so when 1Password shows you a lock screen it's the 1Password application, not some browser frame. It also means you always have the option of bringing up the lock screen by either directly activating 1Password mini from the 1Password mini icon in your menu bar or by launching the main screen.

I suppose it depends on what level you believe the phishing attempt is working at, is it all in the browser or on your system? The trouble with if your system is compromised is there's little any application can do that can't be countered if the operating system can't be trusted any more.

This discussion has been closed.