After entering password and Account Key, I get the message "Please enter the Account Key"

I received my Emergency Kit containing my Account Key. After entering password and Account Key, I get the message "Please enter the Account Key, that begins with", followed by the first part of a Key that bears no relationship the the Key that I've been sent. Please advise.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:teams-troubleshooting-signin

Comments

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chanq51,

If you are in a scenario where it gives you a incorrect hint for your account key, it's likely that either your server address or email address is incorrect in the form. So please make sure you are typing them both in perfectly. Are you scanning the QR code for setup or are you typing the information?

• chanq51
    chanq51
    Community Member

Hi Nathanvf,

I'm copying and pasting the info in from my Emergency Kit document

• Hi, @chanq51.

Could you contact us at support@1password.com with your account URL, email, and just the first 8 characters of your Account Key? We can look into it further that way.

Thanks!

• @chanq51

I have seen a similar issue before. It could happen if you downloaded the Emergency Kit but didn't sign into the account to complete the registration. At this point, the account does not yet exist.

Please see if you could click on the signup link in your email and go through the registration process again.

• chanq51
    chanq51
    Community Member

Thank you roustem, I've solved the problem now, using the very method you suggest.

Very best regards,

chanq51

• Thanks for the updates here! We finished this up via email, but it's good to post the resolution here for future visitors. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.