I would like to request a couple of features to be considered.

Options

I would like to see the ability to rename vaults and the ability to select a preferred vault for each device, so that on my work computer, my work vault is the default, etc.
Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.5.2
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Request feartures

Comments

• Hi @FloweringEvents,

Thanks for writing in. You should be able to rename a vault by signing into your 1Password for Teams website:

• Open the Admin Console via the menu in the upper right hand menu
    • Select Vaults which will list all vaults you can administer
    • Select the vault in question which will open up its details
    • There should be a pencil icon next to its name, click that. This will open up the name and description editor.
    • Change the name and click Save.

The new name should then propagate to all devices on this Team.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by setting a preferred vault for each device?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rick

• FloweringEvents
    FloweringEvents
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rick,
    I see the ability to edit most vault names, but the one I would particularly like to be able to edit is currently called "Your Vault".
    I would also like to be able to select a particular vault to open on a particular device first, for example now, when I open 1Password, it opens "All Vaults" I would prefer if it would open the business vault on the work computer, my personal vault on my phone, etc. Then I could move to another vault if necessary. A small thing, but still.

Thanks,
    Kent

• wpl38
    wpl38
    Community Member
    Options

I second this request. We need to be able to set the default vault on any given device. I relatively recently split my logins into separate vaults for better management. I loved having Primary as my default vault, with all the other items usually out of the way. Having All Vaults as the new default pretty much undoes all the work I did to separate the logins. I agree there are times when having All Vaults is convenient. But that is definitely not my default choice.

• rob
    Options

Hi, @FloweringEvents. You are correct that "Your Vault" cannot have its name changed at this time. We are planning to come up with a better default name for that vault, and making it editable might be another good idea. Since we are looking for a better default name, can you give us your opinion on what you think it should be?

As for choosing a default vault, that makes a lot of sense to me, but I'll ping @rickfillion here to see if he has any other feedback on that.

• FloweringEvents
    FloweringEvents
    Community Member
    Options

I am not sure of a better default name than "Your Vault" but if it was editable, then that would take care of any situation where "your Vault" was not desirable.

While I am at it, I am not certain that the vault "Everyone" is necessary, since you already have "All Vaults".

• rob
    Options

@FloweringEvents The "Everyone" vault is actually just a shared vault that anyone on the team can see and contribute to. All the "Your Vault"s are private and can't be seen by others, so we make a default shared vault for everyone. We will be changing things in the future to allow the Everyone vault to be removed if the team doesn't need it, though.

This discussion has been closed.