[Chrome] Extension keeps resetting to All Vaults

Options

Recently (since upgrading to v6?) my (Chrome) 1P browser extension consistently resets to display All Vaults, which is not what I want. I have an additional vault for 'archived' information, and despite repeatedly selecting my 'primary' vault, the browser extension eventually resets to All Vaults again on its own. Is this a bug or something that can be addressed in a setting?

This does not seem to happen within the 1P Mac app itself, which so far, appears to stay on the vault I select.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.5.2.90
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jfrench,

What you're describing is very puzzling indeed. The reason is the vault that is active in the main 1Password window is dictated by 1Password mini and any change there is automatically seen in the main window. To highlight this I can have the main 1Password window open and in focus and then bring up 1Password mini. If I switch vaults in mini I can see the change immediately in the main window.

It seems to be one possible cause would be if you have two copies of 1Password and that the two are fighting. I don't know this for certain but I could see how your symptoms could be caused by this. Does Spotlight show more than one copy of the 1Password application bundle as being visible?

Just to add, 1Password will by default return to the All Vaults view if you ever need to unlock your vault. I'm assuming this isn't what you're experiencing though as I get the feeling you'd mention if it was happening after unlocking.

Whatever the cause here is I believe we need to address it. Slightly differently though is if you find the All Vaults view of any real use to you. If it isn't you could tweak it so that All Vaults only ever shows you the entries in your primary vault. By default it shows you entries from all vaults but this is configurable in 1Password's preferences, specifically the All Vaults tab. If something odd is going on with your Mac though I wouldn't want you to see this as a workaround for that bit.

• jfrench
    jfrench
    Community Member
    Options

Ah - yes, you are correct, 1P mini does update the vault of the main app, I just hadn't noticed (and there seems like there's a slight delay too). So no, I do not have two copies of 1P installed, and actually, your suggestion to customize what vaults show in 'All Vaults' is close to exactly what I want. My use of an 'Archive' vault is more of a workaround to keep old info, so if I can always exclude it, that's perfect, and in more normal cases of adding other vaults, I probably would want them all accessible together. (I still think that 1P should remember the vault that was last selected when unlocking, however.)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jfrench,

I'm glad the suggestion on tweaking All Vaults will help and that vaults do seem to be switching properly but are you still finding that it is resetting to the All Vaults view at times other than just after you've unlocked your vault? I would consider this something to look into if it is.

You're not the first to suggest the idea of remembering the last vault opened and I shall add your voice to see this happen :smile:

• jfrench
    jfrench
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

No, it seems to only reset to the All Vaults view after it locks, but I have it set to lock anytime I trigger the screensaver (which is anytime I step away from my desk), and so it means this happens pretty frequently. This is less of an issue for me now that I know I can exclude irrelevant vaults from this view, but I still think that remembering the last vault selected is a better default behavior.

Thanks for your help @littlebobbytables

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @jfrench,

I'm glad we could find a workaround that helps you now and we will consider your suggestion :smile: All our users input helps guide us.

This discussion has been closed.