I cannot sync my Windows 7 to Android phone.

Options
DeanMallory
DeanMallory
Community Member
edited January 2016 in Android

On Windows 7 (v 4.6.0.598) did File>WifiSync. On Android (1PW for Android, free) did Settings>Sync. Nothing happens on either device. Android never asks me to enter secret. Nothing. I want to sync by Wifi between the PC and Android vaults. Did this once on 12/26/15, when setting up on both devices.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
_Extension Version:
_OS Version:
Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot sync wifi

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @DeanMallory. When you tap Settings > Sync on Android, do you see Wi-Fi sync as the configured method there, or do you see Dropbox or local storage instead? Also, is syncing toggled ON on that screen?

If so, first make sure that the Wi-Fi sync window is open on your PC, and that both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network. Then you'll either need to pull to refresh from the Categories screen on Android, or tap Sync from the overflow menu in order to initiate sync. After doing so, 1Password on Android should detect the PC and you should be prompted on both devices for the Master Password. Can you let us know what happens after initiating sync on Android?

• DeanMallory
    DeanMallory
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.

Did in this order:

• On PC, File>Wi-Fi Sync. Wi-Fi Sync window comes up (Status: Idle)
    • On Android phone (which opens to Categories screen), left arrow (to get to Favorites, Categories, Folders, Settings), selected Settings
    • From Settings, selected Sync

On Sync page:

• Wi-Fi Sync is ON

As you said, this is the point where 1Password on Android should detect the PC and I should be prompted on both devices for the Master Password. Instead, nothing is happening.

• peri
    Options

Hey @DeanMallory. Thanks for the update. To be clear, 1Password on Android doesn't have support for automatic Wi-Fi sync, so you'll need to initiate it. In order to do so, tap on the Categories screen (or any of the categories), and then pull down from the top of the page to refresh the page. This will initiate sync and begin looking for the PC. You can also tap the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner to bring up the overflow menu, and then tap Sync from there.

Please give that a shot and let me know how it goes. :)

• DeanMallory
    DeanMallory
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sorry, but I don't follow this at all. When I tap on the Categories screen, and pull down from the top of the page, I get the regular Android pulldown (with time and date, notifications, etc). I don't see that the page refreshes in any way, and Sync does not initiate.

However, yesterday I reinstalled the Android app. During the start up process for that, I was able to sync to the PC. Today, when trying to follow your instructions, I noticed that "Sync" was now an option on the "3 dots" menu. It definitely was not there before reinstalling.

So, looks like I'm good to go for now. Thanks for your help.

• peri
    Options

Glad to hear that you were able to sync, @DeanMallory!

Just to clarify, it sounds like you pulled down from the top of the device screen (the notification bar where the time etc. can be found), instead of the top of the 1Password page. If you pull down just from within 1Password, it should start syncing. :)

Let us know if you have any trouble syncing in the future! Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.