How to change Teams login password?

I've looked on my teams web account but I can't find a way to change the login password. Is this because the login password is used to encrypt the data? Anybody know if this is possible and how?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• RafaelS
    RafaelS
    1Password Alumni

Hello Scott, there is currently no direct way to change the login password to something else.
    It is as you mentioned that your master password and account key is used to encrypt your data.

Are you trying to change the password for a team member or for a team owner?
    If it is for a team member, you can run recovery on the team members' account and they would then have the ability to choose a new Master Password. They will also need to save their new recovery file, as their Account Key will change too.
    If it is for a team owner it will be more involved.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Thank you for answering so quickly.

Yes, I need to change the team owner's password and that's me. What happened is I realized that I needed to strengthen my password so I wanted to change it (going from 4 to 5 mnemonic words). So, do you have instructions for this indirect more involved procedure?

• RafaelS
    RafaelS
    1Password Alumni

Hello Scott
    I'm posting the information provided by rickfillion and roustem.

To change your Master Password in 1Password for Teams, you'll need to use either the Mac or iOS apps. These are the only places where that capability has been added. In both of them, you can go to Settings/Preferences, then select your Team and use the Change Master Password button to start the process.

Another alternative (for now) could be to go through Account Recovery process that will allow you to change both Account Key and Master Password.

It would require a second recovery admin in your account, which is a great idea to have in any case: https://support.1password.com/teams-admin-recovery/

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Many thanks @Rafael.S

• On behalf of Rafael, you're very welcome, @Scott Weatherhogge. We plan to implement this ability in the web app soon as well.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.