Is there a way to add admin privileges to another team member?

mlapides
mlapides
Community Member
edited January 2016 in Business and Teams

I'm interested in having more than just me be able to click on a team member and select the vaults to have access to. Is it possible to grant admin privileges like this to others?

Comments

• Hi @mlapides,

I'm assuming that you're talking about 1Password for Teams here. If so, yes absolutely there's a way.

• Go into the Admin Console
    • Select Team Members
    • Select the you'd like to grant administrative privileges to
    • In the user details, you'll see a link called "Manage Groups"
    • Click that link and you should see something that looks like this:

Choose the groups you'd like them to be a part of, and then click Done.

I hope this helps.

Rick

P.S. I'm going to move this thread over to the 1Password for Teams forum.

• mlapides
    mlapides
    Community Member

Thanks a million! And, for such a quick response...yup, 1Password for Teams...which is awesome!

• Thanks for the kind words, @mlapides! And by the way, welcome to the forum. :) Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

• mlapides
    mlapides
    Community Member

Thanks! Is there a way to grant admin in 1Password for Teams but exclude their access to certain vaults?

thanks again!

• @mlapides, anyone in the Administrators group gets access to all the vaults the Administrators group can access, and there's no way to restrict that. You'd have to remove the vault from the Administrators group itself.

In the future, we will allow you to create your own groups so that you have more flexibility with permissions and vault access. :)

• mlapides
    mlapides
    Community Member

OK. Thanks. I look forward to the ability to create our own admin groups. That way, more sensitive information can be managed separately.

• Indeed, and we look forward to implementing them in a way that makes sense and helps you do that. :)

This discussion has been closed.