Can't search for items after lastpass to 1password migration

Options

I am moving my team from last pass to 1password for teams, or at least having us test 1password for teams because we don't like last pass. Ok, "we hates it" (spoken as Gollum). I exported everything from last pass as a csv, and then imported everything to "my vault". I wanted to do this because I am in the process of creating different vaults to give different people on my team the correct access to different passwords. I will then move the correct logins to the corresponding vaults. I thought I would do some house cleaning during the migration
First, during the upload of the csv, 1password chose what items were logins and what were secure notes, not always correctly.
Second, I cannot search for anything that isn't the in the title of the login. This stinks because since it didn't get the notes or login distinction correct, I can't search for my logins. I now can only fine certain logins by manually scrolling through all 187 different logins. Not only that, but some "secure notes" are actually more than one login that have been concatenated.
In 1password 5, you can choose to search in all locations, but that it not an option in 1password 6/teams. I am fine doing the house cleaning, as I'm doing it any way, but I would like to be able to search to find where those logins are and make sure I'm not missing any.

Help me Obi-wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.

Regards,
Derrick

P.S. I'm hoping my cheeky question will garner a better response. I also am a fan of transparency :)

1Password Version: 6/team
Extension Version: None
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: Team

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @Derrickwolf ,

Suggestion - try using the lastpass converter in the converter suite. You will likely get better results. Follow the step-by-step directions in the README.

As for searching, there used to be a preference for setting to control searching for Titles and other fields, but I don't find that now. Perhaps someone else will chime in...

• Derrickwolf
    Derrickwolf
    Community Member
    Options

I'll try to redo it with your converter, and see if that helps.
    Although you are correct that the search options before are not in the new version. Even with making the import better, it still won't fix my overall issue with being able to search inside of notes.
    Thank you for the help.

• rob
    rob
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi, @Derrickwolf.

I'm sorry your import hasn't gone very well. We've never been great at keeping our importers up-to-date, unfortunately. It seems like there are always more important fires to put out I guess, given the resources that we have. I worked on the LastPass importer a while back, so I know how much more we could be doing there.

We're really grateful for all the work @MrC has done with his data converters, and as he said, I'm sure you'll get better results with those.

As for searching, it is still possible to search all fields in 1Password 6 for Mac. By default we search just titles and secondary fields, but if you haven't found what you're looking for, you can click the button at the bottom of the list to expand your search to all fields.

For example, in a test vault of mine I added a note to an item with the word "strange". It didn't show up in the regular search because it wasn't in a main area.

But when I clicked the "Expand Search to All Fields" button, it shows up in the list:

I hope that helps!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Derrickwolf ,

I just learned that the Expand to All Fields button will go missing after you switch vaults. Its a bug that was discovered just prior to release. I'm sure AgileBits will address it soon and it is likely to show up in a beta first.

• rob
    rob
    edited January 2016
    Options

@Derrickwolf and @MrC, sorry for the confusion. There is a known bug related to missing search options. In 1Password 5, you could click the magnifying glass in the search box to get a menu with other search options. We do have a bug related to displaying that menu in 1Password 6.

However, the button I mentioned in my comment should still work just fine. Note that once you click the button, it stays enabled (and hidden) until you clear the search.

ref: OPM-3629

• Derrickwolf
    Derrickwolf
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Rob. There are two things that I found. First, you are right and that does search for all aspects; secondly, it doesn't look like everything exported or imported from lastpass, which is why I couldn't locate some of the login items.
    Consider this solved...ish :)

• rob
    Options

Hmm, ok, well let us know if you find the problem is in the import rather than LastPass's export, especially if that was after you used @MrC's converters.

This discussion has been closed.