Would it make sense to have a "kill" feature for removed vault access?

So let's say I remove someone from a vault, and so a flag is placed on their 1password account for that specific vault which deletes the vault from their account when they log in. Is that possible?

Otherwise, the only solution I see is to make each user have their own vault and then "copy" passwords to them as they are needed. Once a person leaves the company, we can then delete that vault without effecting other users. Or do we need to delete each password? Won't that update their vault to not have the password anymore?

Thanks,
William

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:revoke-shared-vault-access

Comments

• Hi @BigWilliam,

That's effectively how it works right now. If you remove someone's access to a vault, the next time that the app performs a sync, it should be told by the server that the vault should be deleted from the device.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• BigWilliam
    BigWilliam
    Community Member

Ah okay perfect! I read the article that said once it's shared you cannot undo it. I understand that the user may have copied the password elsewhere, but I did't want to share a password/vault with a guest contractor and then not be able to revoke access afterwards.

• Hi @BigWilliam,

Right... so the idea is that "once a secret is shared, you can't unshare it." But you can absolutely revoke access to the vault and the vault will go away from their devices.

Cheers.

Rick

• BigWilliam
    BigWilliam
    Community Member

Makes sense now, thank you.

• You're welcome.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.