I think I downloaded your software onto my PC and tried to sync with my android LG G4 by wi-fi

jakekwood
jakekwood
Community Member

but couldn't see where to sync by wi-fi

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:android/, kb:strong-master-password

Comments

• Hey @jakekwood. Let's see if we can get this sorted out. :)

First things first, you'll need to launch 1Password on Windows and select File > Wi-Fi sync. This will open a window with a secret code--keep this window open for the duration of syncing.

Then, launch 1Password on Android and tap Settings > Sync, when you toggle sync ON, select Sync using Wi-Fi. Then you should be prompted on Android for the secret code on the Wi-Fi sync window. Enter that, then enter the Master Password on Windows, and then verify the Master Password on Android.

Let me know if you're able to sync now!

• jakekwood
    jakekwood
    Community Member

Hey Peri...I opened up the windows wi-fi sync and the 12 digit code comes up but when i open 1password on my LG G4 it looks for 1password on the network (and they're both on the same network here at work) but it can't find it, the circle just swirls on my phone while looking. I do have a firewall but I allow 1password to be opened.

• Thanks for the update, @jakekwood. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your PC:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

---Windows---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• scottjohnson28
    scottjohnson28
    Community Member

where is the wifi sync on a Macbook Pro. I've got 1Password version 6.0.1 downloaded on my Mac, but can't find where to sync using wifi. Hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread, but it is similar to my issue.

• Hi @scottjohnson28. I don't mind you jumping in here at all. :)

Launch 1Password 6 on your Mac. From the menu bar, select Window. Then scroll down on that list and you should see Wi-Fi Sync. Click that and the Wi-Fi sync window will open up on your Mac. You can find a little more information here if you need:
    https://support.1password.com/guides/mac/sync-wi-fi.html

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have more questions.

• jakekwood
    jakekwood
    Community Member

Hi Peri...I was able to sync to my LG G4...I needed to enter my computer name so all is good, thank you!
    Good luck with your issue Scott.

• That's good news, @jakekwood! I'm glad to hear that you've got everything syncing properly now. :)

Let us know if you need anything else in the future!

This discussion has been closed.