Can't use wifi sync between iPad and iMac.

Options
ric1
ric1
Community Member

I have an iMac, os 10.9.5, using a downloaded 1pwd v. 4.4.3 from agile bits. I attached a couple note files, and that works. From the App Store, I downloaded the iOS version, dated 1/16/16 onto an iPad air with iOS 9.2.1. I am trying to sync using wifi, which is the only mode I want. No luck. The iPad says 'sync started' after typing in the secret, but hangs for about a minute even though I left the wifi window open on the mac. The error message I get on the iPad is 'domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=60 "operation timed out"'. This is the 2nd time I downloaded the app to the iPad; same behavior as first. The very first thing I tried to do after starting the app was to sync to the mac. Failing that, I created a vault on the iPad, and tried to sync from within. No luck. Yes, same wifi network.

Prior to doing all this, I had mistakenly setup a folder on the mac, and synced to that. I have deleted the reference to that folder in the sync menu in preferences. I assume this hasn't messed up the wifi syncing. Any ideas?

Comments

• ric1
    ric1
    Community Member
    Options

Solved! My Intego firewall was set for client only. Changing it to client plus local server solves the problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ric1: Ah! Great! That would have been my first question! :lol:

Thanks for following up. It may help others, as the 'time out' error indicates that the connection is simply being blocked. This is also covered (among other things) in our Wi-Fi troubleshooting knowledgebase article. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.