Why do I need to type my vault password if I accidentally cancel the fingerprint request?

Options
ziggie216
ziggie216
Community Member

Sometimes I would accidentally select cancel when I'm promoted to use the TouchID. Bad habits. Then I'm forced to type in my master password if I ever want to open my vault again. Good security feature but super annoying when I'm out in the public.

Comments

• Hi @ziggie216,

May I ask which version of the iOS app are you using? A while back in 1Password 5.5 we added a way to bring Touch ID back up if you tap Cancel.

When tapping Cancel, you should see a little fingerprint icon appear by the Master Password field in which you can resurrect Touch ID. The exceptions to this are if you restart the device, then the Master Password will be required, and if you have a timeout set for requiring the Master Password after a certain amount of time, which can be adjusted in 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security > Require Master Password.

Let me know if this information helps at all!

• ziggie216
    ziggie216
    Community Member
    Options

@chrisdj thanks, I didn't noticed that finger print icon.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Chris, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.