I have 3.8.2 on my iMac and would like to update to most current and update my iOS 6.2.1

I would like to get started again with 1 password . I have the above versions . can someone help me through this?
I actually have 2 versions on my iPhone. The original and the 6.2.1

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OSX El Capitan / ios9.2.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb-search:I have 1 password 3 and would like to update and start over, kb:upgrade-ios, kb-search:how can i tell which version i have, kb:check-app-version

Comments

• Hey @Pantherguy! We'd be happy to help out. I just want to note that the Mac app is currently at version 6, and 1Password 3 for Mac has a couple of compatibility issues with El Capitan that you should be aware of. Do you have any data in the Mac app that you were syncing with iOS? Upgrading to 1Password 6 for iOS depends on what version you currently have installed. If you don't have any old data to move over or if you're syncing with Dropbox, that makes things easier of course. You reported that you're using iCloud, though, so we'll need a bit more info about your setup to get things moving. :)

• Pantherguy
    Pantherguy
    Community Member

Thank you for the reply. I have all my important data on my iPhone ( iOS 9.2.1) . I did print it out though. It seems I have two versions of 1Password on my iPhone the old original version and the 6.2.1. I am thinking I would like to start completely over and reorganize and use the system correctly, which I doubt I am doing now.

• Pantherguy
    Pantherguy
    Community Member

Also. I do not want to use Dropbox, and what info do you need regarding iCloud?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Pantherguy,

Starting over on your mobile devices is simple enough - all we need to do is delete the app and you can reinstall and start over with a fresh new vault. However, if you're also looking to upgrade your Mac to the latest and greatest version of 1Password, the app will look for existing data when you install it. We can work around this, but first I want to be sure that we really want to start over completely fresh. I certainly don't want to give you instructions on how to delete all your data if that's not our end goal. :)

So, let me just make sure that I understand you correctly.

• You have 1Password 3.8.22 installed on your Mac with OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
    • You have 1Password 6.2.1 on your iOS device with iOS 9, as well as an older version of the iOS app.
    • You want to clean everything out and start fresh.

If that's all good, then I've got a few extra questions for you here:

• Did you have a chance to read the link that Penderworth shared above? Would you be interested in upgrading to 1Password 6 for Mac?
    • Have you previously been syncing your 1Password data via Dropbox? You mention iCloud, and we'd be happy to help you get set up with iCloud when you upgrade, but iCloud is not available for 1Password 3 for Mac.
This discussion has been closed.