Folder Sync with App

Options
hsheikh
hsheikh
Community Member

Hello,

Wife and I use Iphone's and have been using our own Icloud accounts to sync. I understand the Icloud sync feature will not allow us to share vaults with each other due to Apple's limitations.

Is it possible to enable folder sync on the IOS 1password app? My wife and I both use VPN to connect back home to a local storage device. We would love to sync using our own "cloud". If not, will you please add the feature to allow folder sync in your IOS app?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@hsheikh - If you were using iCloud, why wouldn't you switch to Dropbox? That will allow you to share as you wish. And it is just as secure with your data at iCloud is.

• hsheikh
    hsheikh
    Community Member
    Options

The point is I dont want to use Icloud or Dropbox. I want to sync using my internal file server and VPN connections from my phones/devices.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I guess your initial statement about iCloud not allowing you to share led me astray about your goals.

• nooor655asdf5655
    nooor655asdf5655
    Community Member
    Options

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

The iOS app can only sync with iCloud, WiFi, or Dropbox. It cannot use Folder Sync, or sync with any other sync services.

If you'd like to share data we'd recommend either Dropbox, or our 1Password for Teams beta.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.