Created vault but it's not appearing in 1Password on OSX.

rdouma
rdouma
Community Member

So about 45 minutes ago I created a vault. I see it in the admin panel and I have access to it. It doesn't sync to my vaults in OSX though. I have quit 1Password 2 times already to see if I can "force" a sync but to no avail. I've marked the vault in the screenshot below. How do I go about this?

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Vault not appearing

Comments

• Hello @rdouma,

Thanks for sharing this issue with us, and thank you for the screenshots.

Normally new vaults will appear automatically on all your devices as we "push" them immediately after you create them. With that said, we can only push the vaults if you have Read access to them. I wonder if you have Read access to your NDI-contractbehe vault? You can check by going to that Vault and clicking the settings icon beside your name. For example, here's how I would manage Roustem's permissions on our Customer Support vault:

Please check your permissions and see if you have Read access. Give it a go and let us know how it goes :)

• rdouma
    rdouma
    Community Member

Hi @dteare,

Thanks for your answer. I'm an admin and I have full access to it:

• Thanks for getting back to me so quickly @rdouma.

So, let's start with the obvious and say that it should have appeared :)

It looks like we have a bug here so let's try a few things to debug. First, it sounds weird, but can you check to see if this vault appears within 1Password mini? I suspect it will not appear, but we've seen it happen once where mini had a different list than the main app so I'm curious.

Next up, try locking 1Password and then unlocking. Closing 1Password and reopening it will not affect syncing unless you also quit mini. This is because mini will keep your unlock state and so syncing won't be triggered when you open the main app. If locking and unlocking doesn't work, please try quitting both 1Password and mini and then restart. You can do this by selecting the Quit 1Password while holding the control key (as soon as you press Control the menu item name will change to Quit 1Password and 1Password mini). After one of these the vault should appear. Fingers crossed! :)

Please let me know how it turns out.

++dave;

• rdouma
    rdouma
    Community Member

The vault doesn't appear in 1Password Mini, but locking it and unlocking it again did the trick! Now the vault is visible in both 1Password Mini and 1Password itself. Thanks!

• That's great news! Thanks for letting us know, @rdouma.

I am not entirely certain why but it sounds like your Mac missed the push notification from 1Password for Teams when the new vault was created. Maybe your Mac was offline or had a temporary network issue. In theory this should be fine as we shouldn't' rely on notifications exclusively.

I've opened an issue for 1Password to reach out to the server more often to see if there are any changes available. We do this on unlock already but we should do it on app launch as well. Restarting 1Password was the first thing you tried and indeed that is the intuitive thing to do.

Thanks again and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. I hope your team loves 1Password for Teams as much as mine does :)

• rdouma
    rdouma
    Community Member

I don't think there was a network issue to be honest, I was connected all the time... but I understand what happened. Checking on launch indeed seems an intuitive and low-cost fix to overcome these kind of situations.

Here we're loving 1Password for teams, keep up the good work!

• Your kind words make my heart sing! :)

We'll keep moving forward as long as awesome customers like you keep supporting us :D

Take care,

++dave;

This discussion has been closed.