restored my iphone now can't login to ipassword

Options
jessi_water11
jessi_water11
Community Member

I had to upgrade my phone tonight. I restored my phone, and now after getting the new phone (iPhone 6s), I can't login to 1Password.

It is asking if I want to create a new vault, sync existing vault, or sing into Teams account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:restore, kb:master-password-not-accepted

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @jessi_water11

Thanks for taking the time to write in. By default your 1Password data is only stored on the device you created it on. So, if you get a new device you need to transfer the information from the old to the new. You can find instructions on doing that here:

Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

You'd create a backup on the old device, and then restore it on the new.

For the future you can set up syncing, so that if you get a new device you no longer need the old device to retrieve your data, you can just set up the same sync method on the new device and pull the information in that way:

Sync | 1Password for iOS

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Commandatore
    Commandatore
    Community Member
    Options

I bought a new iPhone6s Plus yesterday and because I use Dropbox synching the transition to the new device was smooth as butter. I just had to associate the new device with Dropbox, enter the master password and voila, all was as it was before. Very slick.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @Commandatore! Glad to hear the transition went smoothly for you. For anyone else reading I would always recommend making a backup before getting rid of a device, or setting up a new one. Instructions can be found in my post above.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.