Problem printing with one password

Options
Kgken
Kgken
Community Member

Cannot print statements from bank on 1 password app. Outside of 1 password I have no problem. Help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Kgken,

Thanks for taking the time to write in about this difficulty. We have heard reports from a few other customers with this difficulty. Our recommended workaround at this point is to use Safari with the 1Password extension to login to your bank and print statements:

Enable the extension | 1Password for iOS

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks!

Ben

• Kgken
    Kgken
    Community Member
    Options

One account took account to print, and the other no luck with one password or safari.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Kgken,

Unfortunately if it doesn't work in Safari there is almost no chance we'll be able to make it work in 1Password. Is there any way, on iOS, that you are able to print statements from the account that doesn't work in Safari?

Ben

• Kgken
    Kgken
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I was able to get the statements printed out, but not thru 1 password. 1 password worked well since I originally purchased, but has now defeated the purpose of having the application. Guess I will have to look at another site hopefully will look after my needs. Thanks anyway.

• Ben
    Options

@Kgken,

How were you able to print the statements? From what app?

Ben

• Kgken
    Kgken
    Community Member
    Options

Searched out sites on Google .

• Kgken
    Kgken
    Community Member
    Options

When I found the sites, I imputed information required and was able to print out what was needed. When I tried with 1 password, on one site it would take to print and would not print out preview. The other site, would go to print and come up with blank screen, and could not go back to main site, then I tried safari and then I would be shut out of 1 password. Beats me.

• Ben
    Options

@kgken,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Could you please list out the steps for me that you currently take to successfully print the statement?

Ben

• Kgken
    Kgken
    Community Member
    Options

Whether you call it a domain name or a app, was able to do my business outside of 1 password.

• Ben
    Options

@Kgken,

I'm sorry, but that does not help clarify. When you pick up your device, and want to print out your statement, what app do you tap on that you're able to do that from? Is it Safari, or your banking app, or some other app (what is the name of it)?

If you could please list out the exact steps you follow in order to be able to print the statement that would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Ben

• Kgken
    Kgken
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry I'm not a computer whizz. Went on Google, click the banking institution I wanted to deal with. Put n my account number and password, pulled up the account I wanted and printed out information. The apps that are provided in Apple do not allow me to perform those tasks. 1password does everything but will not preview what you want to print. Hopefully this will help you. Maybe instead of laying tag, maybe a phone call might help.

• Ben
    Options

@Kgken,

If you can please drop us an email to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this thread I'll see what we can arrange, as I'm still not following what it is that you are doing that allows you to print.

When you send the email, please include this link in the message:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/57484/problem-printing-with-one-password#latest

Once you've sent the email you should get an automated reply back which will include a support ID. Please post that ID here.

Thanks!

Ben

• Kgken
    Kgken
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, bring up Google . Print in rbc bank, brings up site to sign in. That's it

• Ben
    Options

@Kgken,

What I'm trying to determine is what app you are in when you "bring up Google," if not Safari. You said it doesn't work in Safari, but how are you bringing up Google if not in Safari?

If you can please follow the instructions I posted in my above message we can arrange a one-on-one communication so we can better proceed.

Thanks.

Ben

• Kgken
    Kgken
    Community Member
    Options

Done a little homework , it is done thru safari. As I said before I'm not a whizz.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2016
    Options

Okay, perfect! I appreciate your patience as we work through this issue together.

If you are able to print from within Safari, you should be able to use the 1Password extension in Safari to login to the bank before printing. Were you able to get the extension enabled?

As a reminder instructions can be found here:

Enable the extension | 1Password for iOS

Once you have it enabled, you can learn about how to login to sites with it here:

Fill items in Safari | 1Password for iOS

So, the basic process, once enabled, would be to launch Safari, go to your bank (through Google, or a bookmark, or whatever works for you), login using the 1Password extension, and then print your statement as you normally would.

I hope that helps!

Ben

ref: XCF-71366-457

This discussion has been closed.