Has anyone figured out how to get 1password working with Qustodio?

Options

Qustodio is a web filter and it seems to stop the 1password extension from filling out forms and passwords. It brings up that box with code signature not verified.
I see this was asked a while ago but I was wondering if they got it working.
I am using the latest 1password 6.0 with El Capitan

thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:has anyone got qustodio working?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @shamguy4,

I'm sorry to hear 1Password and Qustodio aren't playing nicely together! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum.

It sounds like you may have found this older forum thread about the 1Password extension being blocked by Qustodio, but if not, the suggestions in that thread may help you to get things working correctly.

In general, you can also find help for the error message you're getting in this knowledgebase article: How to resolve “code signature could not be verified” (Mac)

It's a good idea to take a look at the full troubleshooting checklist there, but if Qustodio is definitely the culprit, the "Help" section on that page will give a link to other instructions that you can follow to (hopefully) configure it to allow 1Password to work properly.

Does that help at all? Please let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

• shamguy4
    shamguy4
    Community Member
    Options

Well I tried all those things.
    I have also emailed Qustodio. I will see what they say

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @shamguy4,

If you learn anything from Qustodio we too would love to know what you hear back. Sorry we don't have anything better to suggest at the moment :(

• shamguy4
    shamguy4
    Community Member
    Options

They said they are wokring on it.
    So what is so bad about me turning off the web browser code signature option?
    What will this do?
    I use chrome, firefox and safari… is there any dangers of having this option turned off?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @shamguy4,

What that particular feature does is simply offer the user a little reassurance that they're using a good copy of the browser - no dodgy copy with naughty behaviour. If you're happy that you downloaded good copies of Chrome and Firefox from legitimate sources and you only use their internal update mechanism then you can turn this feature off. All we're doing is trying to validate as much as possible between 1Password and the web page where possible :smile:

This discussion has been closed.