security level & general question

bch
bch
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
I have two questions.

First, when you go to edit an entry for a password or perhaps a secure note, there is a selection available in the entry window that says security level. The choices are high equating to master password and low which equates to something like a 4 digit pin. What is or where is this 4 digit pin?

Second. What is the basic procedure for using 1p to set up log in info? I guess what I'm asking is what is the best way to integrate the full potential of the program in to my browsing experience? Also, if I have entered some older info, and want to use the in app password generator, I'm guessing that I'm then required to go to the website manually and change the password to the one that 1p has generated?

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Ned
    Ned
    edited December 1969
    bch wrote:
    ...security level. The choices are high equating to master password and low which equates to something like a 4 digit pin. What is or where is this 4 digit pin?
    +1
  • bch
    bch
    edited December 1969
    That makes no sense to me.
  • rob
    rob
    edited December 1969
    Ned wrote:
    +1

bch wrote:
    That makes no sense to me.

Ned was just saying that he wanted to know as well. "+1" basically means "yeah, me too" or "I add my vote." Sorry for the confusion.

bch wrote:
    First, when you go to edit an entry for a password or perhaps a secure note, there is a selection available in the entry window that says security level. The choices are high equating to master password and low which equates to something like a 4 digit pin. What is or where is this 4 digit pin?

This is used for the iPhone version if you have it. Notice the iPhone icon next to the option. It lets you decide if you want that entry highly protected so that you have to enter your master password after you enter your 4-digit code or if you want to be able to see that entry on your iPhone after only entering your 4-digit code. This article contains more details.

bch wrote:
    Second. What is the basic procedure for using 1p to set up log in info? I guess what I'm asking is what is the best way to integrate the full potential of the program in to my browsing experience? Also, if I have entered some older info, and want to use the in app password generator, I'm guessing that I'm then required to go to the website manually and change the password to the one that 1p has generated?

If you are new to 1Password, I would suggest looking through our 3-minute expert guide, which explains the many uses of 1Password and how to get started.

If you have older info, you don't have to change the password to store it in 1Password, but you can if you want to. If you do want to generate a new secure password, you should go to that website's page for changing your password and generate the password directly from the browser. Please see this article for more information.

bch wrote:
    Thanks for the help!

No problem! That's why we're here. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
  • bch
    bch
    edited December 1969
    Thanks guys and sorry ned :)
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    bch

Dont worry about it, we all have been there done similar things. Water under the bridge as they say.
  • Ned
    Ned
    edited December 1969
    Sorry I was obscure, bch.

I had no idea what that very small icon was--and no way to find out. Glad you asked.

Ned
This discussion has been closed.