install Pro upgrade to IOS devises which use a different AppleID from original purchase

Options
TampaDan
TampaDan
Community Member

1Password for Mac was purchased yesterday and free 1Password was successfully installed on 2 iPhones and 2 iPads. Today, I purchased the Pro version for IOS and it is on my iPhone and iPad, but how does my wife get it onto her devises? When she tries "Restore Purchases" she gets a message "There were no purchases associated with your Apple ID. You may have made the original purchase with a different Apple ID or possibly with a family member's account." It was purchased with a family member's account, but it is set up to share purchases.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:upgrade IOS 1Password to Pro, kb-search:upgrade IOS 1Password to Pro. Family member purchased upgrade using a different AppleID than mine for iPhone and iPad

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Unfortunately, Family Sharing does not work with in-app purchases currently. Hopefully Apple will change this, but currently you are stuck with her purchasing again.

• Locker
    Locker
    Community Member
    Options

There may be another workaround that Agilebits may suggest.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@Locker - Someone from AgileBits certainly will be along to confirm what @danco said. AgileBits has no control over Apple's rules about their App Stores. In fact, AgileBits doesn't even find out who bought their software, either for OS X or iOS. And it is indeed one of Apple's rules that in-app purchases are not subject to family sharing.

Or, perhaps you will believe Apple: What types of content can I share with Family Sharing? Look in the middle of the section about what cannot be shared.

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Locker and @TampaDan,

Danco's information is correct--at this time, family sharing doesn't work with 1Password, since it uses in-app purchase to unlock Pro Features. You can sign in to the App Store on your wife's devices with your Apple ID, download 1Password and unlock Pro Features, then log out of your account. The drawback is that you'll need to enter your password from time to time when 1Password needs to be updated.

It's a bit of a dance, but it works :)

• Locker
    Locker
    Community Member
    Options

Yessss @Aleen,

That's what I was thinking about. I just wanted it to come from AgileBits. 8-)

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad I could help, @Locker :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.