I read all this but when I generate a new password it does not work when I login

Options
kimberlygivsan
kimberlygivsan
Community Member

I can save my own passwords and use the app but when I generate a new one it seems to not work on the login then I have to go back and go thu the process of lost password again to enter the site this can't be that hard but I have really tried to make this work I paid 29.00 for this app and I can get it working on any of my devices, frustrating! Please help is there a phone number to call for support?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:fix-website-login, kb:extension-troubleshooting, kb:configure-windows-firewall-proxy, kb:configure-os-x-proxy, kb:change-password-safety-nets

Comments

• Hi kimberlygivsan,

I'm sorry you are having this problem.

The password generator does not automatically change the website password. The only way to change a website password is to go through the change password procedure of that particular website. The Strong Password Generator is used as a tool to create a strong random password to use during that procedure.

Here is a document describing these steps in greater detail: https://support.1password.com/change-website-password/

I hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.